    and
    Windows application using VB.net
    which one is easy and good one to take
    HArish, Dec 23, 2003

  2. HArish

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Well... once is geared towards creating web based applications.... and one
    is geared towards creating Windows Forms applications... Unless you are
    only ever going to be doing web based stuff, I'd go for the Windows Forms
    one, as there are still far more commercial desktop apps than web apps. OK,
    a lot of desktop apps these days have web portals, but their main UI is
    still windows based.

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Dec 23, 2003

  3. HArish

    WegNod Guest

    They both can be hard if you are not familiar with
    the .NET Framework. I would say they are both equal in
    complexity. You have to decide what types of
    Applications you want to program. If you think most of
    your application programming will be windows based then
    go for 70-306. If you want to program web applications
    go for 70-305. Remember, if you are going for your MCAD
    that you can take both. One for the core requirement and
    one for the elective requirement. Regardless of which
    exam you take, you will need to know ADO.NET, which is a
    good thing in my opinion.

    Also you have to understand that this is just a
    certification. After passing a test, you will still need
    to practice and keep learning to become a really good
    programmer!

    Hope this helps!

    NW

    WegNod, Dec 23, 2003
  4. HArish

    Neel Guest

    Harish,

    I would recommend you doing window based application
    first (Exam 70 - 306) as it consists of VB.Net in details
    while Exam 70 - 305 which includes ASP.Net primarily
    targets ASP.Net with the use of Vb.Net.

    Now, here's the thing. All books for Exam 70 - 305 (Web
    Applications) "ASSUMES" that you are very well familiar
    with VB.Net so that way, doing Exam 70 - 306 first can be
    a little benefitial but it doesn't have to be that way
    and there are no rules. This is just my openion.

    Hope this helped.

    Neel.

    Neel, Dec 24, 2003
  5. HArish

    Guest Guest

    That depends which area you are working on.
    If you familiar with ASP.NET you can take Web applications.
    Both web and windows concepts are same. If you prepare
    web applications that will help for windows and vice-versa.

    Guest, Dec 25, 2003