    do some stupid things some times.

    Is their any chance that you eyes can be fixed..?

    I hope mine hold out when having Class II Diabetes..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 29, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Wyn Guest

    Re: Wyn

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    > I am Very sorry for my bad taste joke about you, I do hope you
    > forgive me, I do some stupid things some times.

    Thanks Roger - apology accepted. I wouldn't have reacted the way that I
    did if I had thought that it was just a joke. I thought that you were
    taking the mickey.

    > Is their any chance that you eyes can be fixed..?

    Essentially, no. The central vision in my left eye has gone forever.
    It's the same effect as if I had stared at the sun and had the retina
    burnt out. There's just a black circle if I look at anything, but I
    still have peripheral vision but I can't see detail (such as print) with
    that. When I first developed it I went to an ophthalmologist who farted
    around for a couple of weeks and then told me that it was too late to do
    anything. A blood vessel had enlarged under the macula and lifted it
    away from the retina.

    I now test my right eye with a Amsler Grid and will go to a different
    ophthalmologist at the first sign of trouble. I understand that there is
    a new treatment available, but that only delays the process rather than
    curing it. The strange thing is that macula degeneration is quite common
    in the elderly, but few people seem to have heard of it. The cause is
    not known, but there are suggestions that it might be caused by specular
    sunlight where sunlight is reflected from water or snow. My advice to
    younger people is to wear UV sunglasses when in such situations.

    > I hope mine hold out when having Class II Diabetes..

    Me too. I find it's like waiting for the other shoe to fall. It could be
    like that for you, too.

    If you'll forgive me I'll offer some advice. When you make definitive
    statements about products in this group it would help if you gave
    references, preferably URLs so that others can follow them up if they
    want to.

    Cheers,

    Wyn

    Wyn, Apr 29, 2004