    searched the cd & also the hdd but no joy.Where is this file located so I
    can copy it ?
    Thanks again

    J C Ames, Jul 10, 2003

  2. J C Ames

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:40:01 -0500, "J C Ames" <> wrote:
    >Need a little more help(maybe lots)
    >On making the floppy I have copied the ntdetect.com & the ntldr to it but
    >CANNOT find a boot.ini to copy.
    >I found a way to edit the boot.ini thru the control panel etc.I have
    >searched the cd & also the hdd but no joy.Where is this file located so I
    >can copy it ?
    > Thanks again

    It's in the root of the C:\ drive. Same place as the other 2 files.
    Open any folder, click "Tools", "Folder Options", and the "View" tab.
    Check the box, "Show hidden files and folders"
    Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types",
    Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files", Click "Apply", "OK"
    Now look at C:\...... The file should now be visible.

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 11, 2003