    "write these files to disk"...ugh.

    i would appreciate any help
    piper hall

    PIPER, Jan 30, 2005

  2. PIPER

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "PIPER" <> wrote in message
    news:MYYKd.1589$...
    |I am about ready to go wonky with my dvd rw. I bought some dvd rw disks and
    | tried to burn some photos (959mb) and when I try to burn it says that its
    | full disk or not writable.Am I us:ing the wrong program, all I am using is
    | the program that comes with the computer on the left side where it says
    | "write these files to disk"...ugh.
    |
    | i would appreciate any help
    | piper hall

    I don't think Windows supports DVD writing on it's own. You should have a
    program on your computer that will do that. On my PC, it's Record Now. Other
    possible programs would be Sonic MyDVD, Nero, or many others.

    My program is located at:
    ...Start
    .....Programs
    .......CD (DVD) Recorder
    .........Record Now!

    When that is my screen, I select one of the icons - Music, Data, Backup, or
    Video. For a disc of photos, that would usually be a Data disc. I already
    have my photos organized (one folder for vacation photos, one for family
    photos, one for photos of the dogs, etc.) so I can drag photos or folders in
    from My Pictures (or browse to them). I then click "burn" in the bottom
    right corner.

    If that isn't the program that came with your HP, you'll need to find out
    what software HP included for you to burn DVDs with, and someone should be
    able to help step you through it.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2005

  3. PIPER

    Toolman Tim Guest

    PIPER , wrote in message
    YYKd.1589$:

    > I am about ready to go wanky. I bought some dvd rw
    > disks and burned some photos of us in bed together
    > i would appreciate your help
    > love, peter

    <<EEK>> Why didn't you just phone me?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2005
  4. PIPER

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | PIPER , wrote in message
    | YYKd.1589$:
    |
    | > I am about ready to go wanky. I bought some dvd rw
    | > disks and burned some photos of us in bed together
    | > i would appreciate your help
    | > love, peter
    |
    | <<EEK>> Why didn't you just phone me?

    Piper, ignore the idiot troll who posted the above crap. I had nothing to do
    with it. It's quite easy for the perverts to fake my nym and such.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2005
  5. PIPER

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 03:59:40 GMT PIPER wrote:

    > I am about ready to go wonky with my dvd rw. I bought some dvd rw disks
    > and
    > tried to burn some photos (959mb) and when I try to burn it says that
    > its a
    > full disk or not writable.Am I using the wrong program, all I am using
    > is
    > the program that comes with the computer on the left side where it says
    > "write these files to disk"...ugh.

    > i would appreciate any help
    > piper hall

    No. That generally is for either floppy or in some cases, CD, but not dvd.
    They should have included a burn program with the stuff.
    Check your documentation or search for a dvd burner.

    http://www.deepburner.com/

    I've used it for CD burning.
    Free!

    Richard, Jan 30, 2005
  6. On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:16:05 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >|I am about ready to go wonky with my dvd rw. I bought some dvd rw disks and
    >| tried to burn some photos (959mb) and when I try to burn it says that its
    >| full disk or not writable.Am I us:ing the wrong program, all I am using is
    >| the program that comes with the computer on the left side where it says
    >| "write these files to disk"...ugh.
    >|
    >| i would appreciate any help
    >| piper hall
    >|
    >I don't think Windows supports DVD writing on it's own. You should have a
    >program on your computer that will do that. On my PC, it's Record Now. Other
    >possible programs would be Sonic MyDVD, Nero, or many others.

    I just installed one and wasted hours looking for burning software
    that would do what I wanted to do. Then I installed the disk that
    came with the burner. It has everything I need.

    Btw, what is the capacity of the disks you're using. If it's less
    than what you're trying to burn, the software may glitch.

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org

    Governor Swill, Jan 31, 2005
  7. On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:26:45 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >Piper, ignore the idiot troll who posted the above crap. I had nothing to do
    >with it. It's quite easy for the perverts to fake my nym and such.

    /pervert

    That's because you're the Toolman. Geddit? TOOLman?

    /pervert

    Swill

    Governor Swill, Jan 31, 2005
  8. PIPER

    PC Guest

    "PIPER" <> wrote in message
    >I am about ready to go wonky with my dvd rw. I bought some dvd rw disks and
    > tried to burn some photos (959mb) and when I try to burn it says that its
    > full disk or not writable.Am I using the wrong program, all I am using is
    > the program that comes with the computer on the left side where it says
    > "write these files to disk"...ugh.
    >
    > i would appreciate any help
    > piper hall

    Piper

    Reading between the lines I suspect you are using XP's built in CDR burner
    software. This software doesn't know how to burn to CDRW let alone DVD RW.
    Check your 'All Programs' for an entry like 'Record Now' 'Nero Burning Rom'
    or similar 'burning' apps.
    Have a look in the box too.
    I've had new machines here that didn't have the software installed but found
    the burning software disk in the box

    Check up on the CDR faq at http://www.cdrfaq.org/
    and the DVD faq at http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jan 31, 2005
  9. PIPER

    PIPER Guest

    I THINK I figured it out. I found a shoddy little program that seems to work
    ok.I was under the impression that if I could burn cds with the windows
    program it should burn dvds as well.

    thanks

    PIPER, Feb 1, 2005
  10. PIPER

    PIPER Guest

    That is exactly what I was doing.Thanks.

    piper hall

    PIPER, Feb 1, 2005