    sounding language.

    Any comments?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 9, 2008

  2. Tony Sperling

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "Tony Sperling"
    <> wrote:

    >Just recieved an e-mail - it's a spinal reaction here to zap'em as they
    >arrive, but I am always curious when MS is being referred to in "official"
    >sounding language.
    >
    >Any comments?

    Stick with your first reaction.

    DevilsPGD, Sep 9, 2008

  3. Tony - Never. Ever. Click on or actually even READ that stuff. It's exactly
    what it smells like. Putrid SPAM.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 9, 2008
  4. I wouldn't dream of making contact, of course. I have lost count of the
    number of millions of dollars that I have ignored (while sleeping quite
    soundly!) but I keep wondering about the number of missuses of a well
    guarded trademark name that just happens to cross my path and I am pretty
    well guarded as it is, I think.

    The worst kind are the pop-up's, off of regular sites that is attaching to
    regular MS advertizing, that tells the unsuspected casual user that his PC
    is infected with something and need some sort of scanning job (not an MS
    one, of course!)

    If the people behind such scam is expecting a 'catch', they will have to
    stay up long enough for Microsoft to have time to react - I don't feel
    personally offended, but the risk and danger is offending and I would like
    to hear if anybody thinks MS might be doing something - because we don't
    hear about anything being done, right? Not critical of MS, nor of this NG,
    perhaps critical that no knowledge is being spread about any counteractions.
    It would be comforting to have some sort of insight.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 9, 2008
  5. Tony Sperling

    Bobber Guest

    Re: Attn, regulars - "MICROSOFT CORPORATION WORLD LOTTERY" (does s

    Hi I thought you might like to know I just got one from microsoft for a
    million and one from chevron for 5.5 million lol .Is there not a way these
    companies can stop the spam letters?

    Bobber, Oct 1, 2008
  6. Tony Sperling

    Sharilees Guest

    Re: Attn, regulars - "MICROSOFT CORPORATION WORLD LOTTERY" (does s

    Hi,
    I just received the following:

    Microsoft Award Team
    Baley House, Har Road
    Sutton, Greater London
    SM1 4te United A Kingdom.
    Batch: 12/25/0340

    Dear Winner
    This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of five hundred
    thousand pounds(£500,000) for New Year Edition 2008 Lottery promotion
    which is organized by WINDOWS LIVE &
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS, collects all the email addresses of people that are
    active online, among the millions that subscribed to Hotmail we only
    select five people every Month as our winners through electronic balloting
    System without the winner applying,we congratulate you for being one of the
    people selected.

    PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM

    You are to contact your Claims Agent with immediate effect to faciliate the
    protocol of your winning prized before the date of Claim,Winners Shall be paid
    in accordance with his/her Settlement Centre Prize must be claimed not later
    than 15 days from date of Draw Notification after the Draw date in which Prize
    has won. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.These are
    your identification numbers:

    Batch number....................12/25/0340
    Reff number.......................Ref:MSN-L/200-26937
    Winning number...................YM09788

    To begin your claim please contact our licensed and accredited agent assigned
    to you

    MR. Terry Martins
    (VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT MANAGER)
    Email:
    Tel: +44-703-199-9833
    Fax: +44 870 471 6651

    You are therefore advised to send the following information to the claims
    agent
    to facilitate them and in order for them to have access in proceeding with the
    tranaferred of your funds to your nominated bank account.

    1. Full name .............
    2. Country..............
    3. Contact Address..........
    4.. Telephone Number ......
    5. Marital Status .........
    6. Occupation .............
    7. Company .............
    8. Age...................

    Msn Lottery Prize must be claimed not later than 15 days from date of Draw
    Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has won. Any prize not claimed
    within this period will be forfeited.

    Congratulations!! once again.

    Yours in service,
    Mrs Felicia James
    (Operation Manager)
    Has anyone recieved anything like this and can it possibly be true! They do
    not ask for bank accounts or any other vital info just name address etc.
    Please help, I don't know if I should respond or not and do not know where to
    go to see if it real.

    Sharilees, Oct 2, 2008
  7. Re: Attn, regulars - "MICROSOFT CORPORATION WORLD LOTTERY" (does s

    Read from the top - nobody gives money away for nothing! Even lottery
    tickets you have to buy - what you may win is supplied by all the losers!

    This is nothing but a blatant scam. It works pretty much the way they
    describe - they have computers scanning i-net traffic for e-mail adresses.
    If you respond, they know they found an actual person and they sell your
    adress to spammers, if not worse?

    Ignore it, and they don't know if they made contact with another robot, your
    adress may be discarded at best.

    It's depressing enough that they found you, do not reward them by sending
    anything back!

    In "The three Musceteers" - Alexandre Dumas towards the very end, puts these
    words into the mouth of Aramis (if I'm not mistaken), and the object is
    Mylady:

    "The power of her Evil is in the the fact that she understands love".

    Do not respond!!!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 2, 2008