    Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

    Looks like Warners is finally going the keep case route
    Wish they would do this on all their releases!!!
    Film Buff, May 30, 2004

  2. Film Buff wrote:
    > The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
    > [...]
    > Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

    They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases, so
    this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

    doug

    --
    "In all your hurry, you've accidentally locked the gate..."
    --XTC
    Douglas Bailey, May 30, 2004

  3. Film Buff

    DRO Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    > Just thought I would pass this along
    > The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
    > "Night and Day"
    > "Destination Tokyo"
    > "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
    > "Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer"
    > "My Favorite Wife"
    > Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"
    >
    > Looks like Warners is finally going the keep case route
    > Wish they would do this on all their releases!!!

    I think this is because Warners is giving some say to people who also have a
    stake in the movie, Like Ted Turner, (Tuner Movie Classics: The Marx
    Brothers discs, and the Carry Grant Discs) Joel Silver (The Matrix Movies).
    These guys like keepcases and can see that the public likes keepcases, and
    they let Warners know their feelings. If Warners has 100% control of the
    film, they go with their packaging.
    DRO, May 30, 2004
  4. Film Buff

    TSKO Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > Douglas Bailey wrote:
    > > Film Buff wrote:
    > >
    > >>The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
    > >>[...]
    > >>Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

    > > They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases,

    so
    > > this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

    > I'm guessing it has to do with box-collection titles that are released
    > individually (and therefore not folded up in the old multi-pak), and
    > more due to box necessity than policy shift--
    > But, y'know, it's a START.
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    I just did a pre-order of this on Amazon....got it for only $35 bucks (w/
    shipping). For 5 movies....not a bad deal.
    TSKO, May 30, 2004

    Derek Janssen, May 30, 2004
  6. Film Buff

    Bratboy Guest

    > Douglas Bailey wrote:
    >> Film Buff wrote:
    >>
    >>>The new Cary Grant movie collection from Warners
    >>>[...]
    >>>Are all KEEP CASES!!!! and not Snappers"

    >> They've already released the recent Marx Brothers titles in keepcases, so
    >> this isn't the first sign of change. But it's still encouraging.

    > I'm guessing it has to do with box-collection titles that are released
    > individually (and therefore not folded up in the old multi-pak), and more
    > due to box necessity than policy shift--
    > But, y'know, it's a START.
    >
    > Derek Janssen

    I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned copy,
    that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
    snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe they
    are seeing the light
    Bratboy, May 31, 2004
  7. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote:

    >I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned copy,
    >that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
    >snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe they
    >are seeing the light

    YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is from Fox, and has always come in a keepcase.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, May 31, 2004
  8. Film Buff

    Bratboy Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Bratboy" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned
    >>copy,
    >>that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
    >>snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe
    >>they
    >>are seeing the light

    > YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is from Fox, and has always come in a keepcase.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    I'd of sworn my origonal copy was a snapper type case but maybe not.
    Bratboy, May 31, 2004
  9. On Sun, 30 May 2004, Bratboy wrote:
    > "jayembee" <> wrote:
    > > "Bratboy" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I noticed the other day, when I replaced a borrowed and never returned
    > >>copy,
    > >>that the new copies of young Frankenstein are in keepcases now instead of
    > >>snappers too. Dont know without looking if thats a Warner one but maybe
    > >>they
    > >>are seeing the light

    > > YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is from Fox, and has always come in a keepcase.

    > I'd of sworn my origonal copy was a snapper type case but maybe not.

    Maybe you're thinking of BLAZING SADDLES.

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, May 31, 2004