    them and deny them what they seek most, attention. When you respond, they win.
    ?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
    http://lists.gpick.com

    \Crash\ Dummy, Jul 11, 2004

  2. \Crash\ Dummy

    Kleeb Guest

    On 2004-07-11, "Crash" Dummy <> schrieb:
    > Please don't feed the trolls. The only defense against these vermin is to ignore
    > them and deny them what they seek most, attention. When you respond, they win.

    Whilst I cannot deny that your post is anything other than common sense and
    good advice, there *are* times when a poast just has to be responded to. And
    whilst I would not presume to speak for the contributors you mentioned, I'm
    sure they're well aware of the pitfalls of replying to poasts.

    A case in point is our resident fuckwit, Tracker, or whatever moniker she
    has decided to go under presently. There's always a chance, albeit a slim
    one, that someone new to this froup will see her poasts, not realise them
    for what they are, and maybe act on some or all of the so-called advice
    contained within.

    To many who frequent this froup, saving a hapless noob from the cluelessness
    of Tracker is time well spent, even though it does not cure the very real
    problem. I'm personally pleased to see that people still bother.

    Cordially,

    Kleeb.

    Kleeb, Jul 11, 2004

  3. \Crash\ Dummy

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:42:41 GMT, Kleeb <> wrote:

    >A case in point is our resident fuckwit, Tracker, or whatever moniker she
    >has decided to go under presently. There's always a chance, albeit a slim
    >one, that someone new to this froup will see her poasts, not realise them
    >for what they are

    Very true, and the sustained campaign of website whacking seems to
    have discouraged it.

    However, I understand that the infamous Paris Hilton keeps ferrets
    and I wonder if this could be the secret identity of our friend?

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 11, 2004
  4. \Crash\ Dummy

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, "\"Crash\" Dummy"
    <> says...
    > Please don't feed the trolls. The only defense against these vermin is to ignore
    > them and deny them what they seek most, attention. When you respond, they win.

    If you had been around long enough you would know that it doesn't work
    in the case of some Trolls, in this case, "she" isn't really a troll,
    she's more of a Kobold/Ogre than anything - soooo small, sooooo
    ignorant, happy in crap.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jul 12, 2004
  5. >Whilst I cannot deny that your post is anything other than common sense and
    >good advice, there *are* times when a poast just has to be responded to. And
    >whilst I would not presume to speak for the contributors you mentioned, I'm
    >sure they're well aware of the pitfalls of replying to poasts.

    >A case in point is our resident fuckwit, Tracker, or whatever moniker she
    >has decided to go under presently. There's always a chance, albeit a slim
    >one, that someone new to this froup will see her poasts, not realise them
    >for what they are, and maybe act on some or all of the so-called advice
    >contained within.

    Granted, but a single warning will do. Back and forth name calling is
    counterproductive.

    \Crash\ Dummy, Jul 12, 2004
  6. \Crash\ Dummy

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, "\"Crash\" Dummy"
    <> says...
    [snip]
    > Granted, but a single warning will do. Back and forth name calling is
    > counterproductive.

    Much like the people asking people to not post in response to her posts.
    Not to be sarcastic, but, when you have something like her posting, when
    you can find a clear violation of the TOS/AUP you take her out.

    I was gone for most of the weekend and see that your reply started this
    part of the thread about her :)

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jul 12, 2004
  7. >If you had been around long enough you would know that it doesn't work
    >in the case of some Trolls, in this case, "she" isn't really a troll,
    >she's more of a Kobold/Ogre than anything - soooo small, sooooo
    >ignorant, happy in crap.

    Actually, I was referring to the "Do not use SAFEBOOT" thread, not Debbie. I
    have been around long enough. I just normally don't post unless I have something
    to contribute.

    \Crash\ Dummy, Jul 12, 2004
  8. \Crash\ Dummy

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, "\"Crash\" Dummy"
    <> says...
    > >If you had been around long enough you would know that it doesn't work
    > >in the case of some Trolls, in this case, "she" isn't really a troll,
    > >she's more of a Kobold/Ogre than anything - soooo small, sooooo
    > >ignorant, happy in crap.

    > Actually, I was referring to the "Do not use SAFEBOOT" thread, not Debbie. I
    > have been around long enough. I just normally don't post unless I have something
    > to contribute.

    Sorry, it's been a long weekend - 8 soccer games in one weekend, lots of
    HEAT and RAIN....

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jul 12, 2004
  9. \Crash\ Dummy

    Don Kelloway Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message

    > Sorry, it's been a long weekend - 8 soccer games in one weekend, lots

    of
    > HEAT and RAIN....

    'Heat and Rain'

    The perfect climate conditions if you are a plant or a pod person. LOL

    --
    Best regards, from Don Kelloway of Commodon Communications
    Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your

    Don Kelloway, Jul 12, 2004
  10. \Crash\ Dummy

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Leythos <> wrote in

    > In article <>, "\"Crash\" Dummy"
    > <> says...
    >> >If you had been around long enough you would know that it doesn't
    >> >work in the case of some Trolls, in this case, "she" isn't really a
    >> >troll, she's more of a Kobold/Ogre than anything - soooo small,
    >> >sooooo ignorant, happy in crap.

    >> Actually, I was referring to the "Do not use SAFEBOOT" thread, not
    >> Debbie. I have been around long enough. I just normally don't post
    >> unless I have something to contribute.

    > Sorry, it's been a long weekend - 8 soccer games in one weekend, lots
    > of HEAT and RAIN....

    more security...less troll name mentioning pls

    Rowdy Yates, Jul 13, 2004
  11. \Crash\ Dummy

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Leythos <> wrote in news:MPG.1b5ba40fa1f4d17598a78e@news-
    server.columbus.rr.com:

    Rowdy Yates, Jul 13, 2004
  12. \Crash\ Dummy

    Leythos Guest

    In article <Xns9524EB2ACC48Frowdyyates2123@66.185.95.104>, rowdy_yates2
    @remove.lycos.com says...
    > more security...less troll name mentioning pls

    Did it really take you two post of the same thing to comment on a thread
    that was already dead before you commented again? :)

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Jul 13, 2004
  13. \Crash\ Dummy

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Leythos <> wrote in news:MPG.1b5d1e566ab4e74298a795@news-
    server.columbus.rr.com:

    > Did it really take you two post of the same thing to comment on a thread
    > that was already dead before you commented again? :)

    it was a slow day. had to keep busy. :)

    Rowdy Yates, Jul 14, 2004