ATTN: Leonidas Jones

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Sniper .308, Dec 30, 2005.

  1. Sniper .308

    Sniper .308 Guest

    This was posted in the alt.security.pgp group and since you are quite
    knowledgeable about Thunderbird thought you may have an answer. I
    have yet to put Thunderbird though its paces with PGP, but so far I am
    extremely happy with it.

    Sniper .308, Dec 30, 2005

  2. Sniper .308 wrote:
    > This was posted in the alt.security.pgp group and since you are quite
    > knowledgeable about Thunderbird thought you may have an answer. I
    > have yet to put Thunderbird though its paces with PGP, but so far I am
    > extremely happy with it.

    >> For three years Thunderbird has mangled inbound mail by inserted lines
    >> spaces and heavens knows what, thus preventing in-line PGP signatures
    >>from verifying. Possibly the worst bit was the insertion of spaces
    >> before the quote characters in replies, which broke the signatures every
    >> time. I solved the problem by switching to Enigmail (and GnuPG) which
    >> solves the problem by getting to the mail before Thunderbird. The new
    >> version 1.5 is rumoured to have solved the problem, but I can't easily
    >> check without uninstalling GnuPG and going back to PGP. Has anyone that
    >> previously had problems noticed if the problem has really gone away? A
    >> sample of one is no real use, of course, but I'll sign this in-line
    >> anyway, and then reply to it myself to see if anyone has problems with
    >> the sigs.
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Bob

    The OP has posted on the topic over at secnews, thanks for the heads up
    though.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 30, 2005