    SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
    GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
    OR CLOSE IT DOWN

    IRRATED, Oct 26, 2004

  2. IRRATED

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Re: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!

    <IRRATED> wrote in message
    > ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS OR
    > IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!
    > HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
    > THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
    > SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
    > GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
    > OR CLOSE IT DOWN

    Chill out, buddy. I don't run the site, I just work there. I have no say
    over when the damn Disc News gets updated again.

    Peter isn't out promoting his book. He's on medical leave, and right now
    we have no one who has access to do all his normal responsibilities
    while he's recovering. Thanks for caring.

    I'm sorry you're impatient. If you just can't stand to wait another
    minute, I'll tell you what. When I type "DVD" into Google I get
    211,000,000 hits (no exaggeration). I'm sure one of them will be more to
    your liking. Have a blast.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 26, 2004

  3. IRRATED

    Mike Kohary Guest

    IRRATED wrote:
    > ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS
    > OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!! HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
    > THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
    > SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
    > GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
    > OR CLOSE IT DOWN

    Yeah, because it's a real waste of your subscription dollars that the site
    isn't updated often enough...oh, wait a second. You *did* pay something to
    access the site, right? That's why you're entitled to complain as a
    customer, right?

    Try running a website for a while, and you'll see what it takes. In the
    meantime, remember that if it's free, you're not entitled to shit, not even
    to complain. These guys have lives too, you know.

    Mike Kohary, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Re: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > IRRATED wrote:
    > > ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS
    > > OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!! HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
    > > THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
    > > SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
    > > GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
    > > OR CLOSE IT DOWN

    > Yeah, because it's a real waste of your subscription dollars that the site
    > isn't updated often enough...oh, wait a second. You *did* pay something

    > access the site, right? That's why you're entitled to complain as a
    > customer, right?
    >
    > Try running a website for a while, and you'll see what it takes. In the
    > meantime, remember that if it's free, you're not entitled to shit, not

    even
    > to complain. These guys have lives too, you know.

    As far as defences go that's pretty weak.
    The site used to be very well done. I would check it a couple times a week
    for updates.
    The owners had a commitment to it. If they no longer have that commitment
    they should take the site down .
    Now there's an article saying in essence "Buy my book on this subject
    matter". And there you have the subject matter hopelessly out of date. Hell,
    there's even contests running since late August/early Sept for cryin' out
    loud.

    ominousspiritous, Oct 26, 2004
  5. IRRATED

    Mike Kohary Guest

    ominousspiritous wrote:
    > "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    >> IRRATED wrote:
    >>> ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS
    >>> OR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!! HAS NOT NEEN UPDATED SINCE OCT. 3RD!!!
    >>> THE DAY BRACKE TOOK OFF TO PROMOTE HIS BOOK!!!!
    >>> SEEMS LIKE YOUR WEBPAGE HAS GONE TO HELL
    >>> GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO RUN IT
    >>> OR CLOSE IT DOWN

    >> Yeah, because it's a real waste of your subscription dollars that
    >> the site isn't updated often enough...oh, wait a second. You *did*
    >> pay something to access the site, right? That's why you're entitled
    >> to complain as a customer, right?
    >>
    >> Try running a website for a while, and you'll see what it takes. In
    >> the meantime, remember that if it's free, you're not entitled to
    >> shit, not even to complain. These guys have lives too, you know.

    > As far as defences go that's pretty weak.

    It's not a defense, it's simply common sense. They need no defense - it's a
    free web site. They can update or not update as they please.

    > The site used to be very well done. I would check it a couple times a
    > week for updates.

    Yup.

    > The owners had a commitment to it. If they no longer have that
    > commitment they should take the site down.

    That's not for you to say. They can have any level of commitment they want,
    and that level of commitment can change day to day for all we have to do
    with it.

    Now, if they charge money for the service, that's entirely different. But
    they don't, so send off your query in e-mail, and do it politely, because
    they owe you nothing.

    > Now there's an article saying in essence "Buy my book on this subject
    > matter". And there you have the subject matter hopelessly out of
    > date. Hell, there's even contests running since late August/early
    > Sept for cryin' out loud.

    Oh well, sometimes life intrudes. Joshua said that Bracke has medical
    concerns, which sounds a lot more important to me than any website.

    He's gone, and he'll be back when he feels like it. That's that - check the
    site periodically, or don't, but the way "Irritated" put things was totally
    unwarranted any way you slice it. He has no right to be irritated about
    anything.

    What is it with the "I'm entitled" attitude of the general populace these
    days? I think it's rather sick.

    Mike Kohary, Oct 26, 2004
  6. IRRATED

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > How about pitching in for the team, Josh?--And I won't even ask for a
    > signed copy.

    I and all of the other staffmembers of the site have offered our
    assistance in updating the site content. Unfortunately, as much as we
    would like to help, we do not have the necessary access to update those
    pages. Only Peter does, and one person from our corporate owners who is
    not a webmaster but managed to post the "Where's Peter?" notice. Beyond
    that, we're all waiting for Peter to get better and return to straighten
    things out. Our disc reviews are still being written and submitted as we
    wait.

    That's all I can say about that, because that's as much as I or anyone
    else knows.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Re: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWSOR IS YOUR SITE KAPUT!!!!!

    ominousspiritous wrote:

    >>>ATTN: Joshua Zyber- WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE DISC NEWS

    >>These guys have lives too, you know.

    > As far as defences go that's pretty weak.
    > The site used to be very well done. I would check it a couple times a week
    > for updates.
    > The owners had a commitment to it. If they no longer have that commitment
    > they should take the site down .
    > Now there's an article saying in essence "Buy my book on this subject
    > matter". And there you have the subject matter hopelessly out of date. Hell,
    > there's even contests running since late August/early Sept for cryin' out
    > loud.

    ....A friggin' BOOK TOUR?? That's all it was?
    Geez, whenever Digital Bits goes down for a week, they update us on
    every aspect of the webmaster's kidney surgery...

    And I believe the question was addressing the Disc News section--
    That's all we're asking: Few of us read the site for anything else, and
    before the webmaster smelled the same "DVD for Dummies" book money
    that the DB webmaster did, DVDFile was tops in its field.

    Some of us are still wearing black armbands for DVDExpress, and tend to
    be JUST a little tetchy about the slippery slopes caused by heretofore
    iconic DVD websites being misused for other purposes, or tossed aside
    for other corporate interests...
    How about pitching in for the team, Josh?--And I won't even ask for a
    signed copy.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Oct 27, 2004