    Everywher I have checked the running time is given as 105 mins.

    THERE ARE NO DIRTY PARTS to this film as "normanstrong" suggests

    Thanks in advance
    Film Buff, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Film Buff

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The running time on IMDB, back of DVD, and reviews of film
    > state the running time is 105 Minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sorry, I haven't even seen the film.

    At a guess, I'd say that most likely the studio hack who drafted the
    original press release for the movie just got his numbers wrong, and
    every other source (including the DVD case) has just been taking that it
    its word.

    Either that, or are you sure that the DVD's time code is correct? I've
    run across a few cases (Amelie, for example) where an authoring glitch
    causes the displayed time code to fall out of sync with the actual movie
    at the layer change. The movie itself plays fine at its original running
    length, but the display on the player is inaccurate. Perhaps try playing
    the movie through but timing it with a separate clock.
    Joshua Zyber, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    I have and on a different player also and it is still 95 min. total
    I haven'tr come across anyone who saw it in the theater who can tell
    me if anything is missing

    Film Buff, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Film Buff

    Biz Guest

    IMDB specifically says Germany 105 minutes, so that could be the running
    time in PAL 25fps...if its one of those poorly done for NTSC conversions, it
    would be about 95 minutes in NTSC at 30fps.

    Biz, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Film Buff

    P Pron Guest

    Biz wrote:
    > IMDB specifically says Germany 105 minutes, so that could be the
    > running time in PAL 25fps...if its one of those poorly done for NTSC
    > conversions, it would be about 95 minutes in NTSC at 30fps.
    >

    > "Film Buff" <> wrote in message
    >> The running time on IMDB, back of DVD, and reviews of film
    >> state the running time is 105 Minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>

    >> Total time for the film including end credits is 1:35:20
    >>
    >> Credits begin about 90.5 mins and run for about 5 mins.
    >>
    >> Where is the other 10 mins????????????????????
    >>
    >> Everywher I have checked the running time is given as 105 mins.
    >>
    >> THERE ARE NO DIRTY PARTS to this film as "normanstrong" suggests
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance

    A good source for running time information is www.bbfc.co.uk - the website
    of the UK film classification (=censorship) office.

    Everything shown in cinemas in UK has to be submitted to them, as does
    everything released on video/dvd. The criteria for home and public viewing
    are different, and the site lists precise running time for the approved
    versions - and timings of any cuts, too.

    The only occasional drawback is that it doesn't take account of cuts that
    are sometimes done by distributors in advance of submitting the movie, to
    save arguments with BBFC. But it's a useful resource, regardless of people's
    views on censorship...

    paul
    P Pron, Mar 25, 2005
  6. Film Buff

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > IMDB specifically says Germany 105 minutes, so that could be the
    > running
    > time in PAL 25fps...if its one of those poorly done for NTSC
    > conversions, it
    > would be about 95 minutes in NTSC at 30fps.

    105 - 4% = 100.8

    Doesn't seem to account for it.
    Joshua Zyber, Mar 25, 2005
  7. Film Buff

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Re: Any comment on "Final Cut" running time?

    As a last ditch effort, I've emailed Ebert's "Movie Answer Man" column
    to see if he can make some inquiries and get to the bottom of this.
    We'll see if he decides to take up the case.
    Joshua Zyber, Mar 25, 2005
  8. Film Buff

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > As a last ditch effort, I've emailed Ebert's "Movie Answer Man" column
    > to see if he can make some inquiries and get to the bottom of this.
    > We'll see if he decides to take up the case.

    I know it is a long shot, but it definately is the correct movie as
    shown on the cover isn't it?

    I noted that there is another movie by the same title with running time
    of 95 mins.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Mar 25, 2005
  9. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    Re: Any comment on "Final Cut" running time?

    Thanks Josh
    Hope he does answerna if he does keep us posted
    and yes this "Final Cut" is the 2004 Robin Williams Movie

    Film Buff, Mar 26, 2005