    needed to be changed. It took 20 visits to electronics parts
    shops but I finally found one and the thing now works perfectly.
    Thank you.

    thanatoid, Feb 24, 2007

  2. thanatoid

    JANA Guest

    This capacitor is a gold leaf type, that is in the order of about 0.5 F
    (Farads) at 5.5 Volts. This is a very large amount of capacitance
    considering its physical size. I have seen these loose their capacitance
    after about 5 to 7 years.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    Re: FM memory presets - 5.5.V capacitor

    Just thought that I'd let you know that after the info you gave
    me, I looked around on the web, and knowing what to look for -
    thanks to you - was able to determine exactly what capacitor

    JANA, Feb 25, 2007

  3. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in

    > This capacitor is a gold leaf type, that is in the order of
    > about 0.5 F (Farads) at 5.5 Volts. This is a very large
    > amount of capacitance considering its physical size. I have
    > seen these loose their capacitance after about 5 to 7
    > years.

    This specific one was/is .22F @ 5.5V and I bought two just in
    case. So I should be OK for a while. The first one - the
    original Sony - lasted about 15 years - these are marked EXACTLY
    the same with the exception of two words - Sony and Japan. They
    are also a tiny bit smaller. We'll see.

    thanatoid, Feb 25, 2007