    beginning tomorrow and lasting four days.

    I'm in no way connected to this company nor this action. Just thought
    you'd like to know.

    MayB, Apr 14, 2004

  2. MayB

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel MayB decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > I've noted some nostalgia amongst our island friends re the Concorde
    > and its demise. For your info, if you didn't already know, Dovebid is
    > auctioning some 150,000 pieces of memorabilia on the internet
    > beginning tomorrow and lasting four days.
    >
    > I'm in no way connected to this company nor this action. Just thought
    > you'd like to know.

    They are also transporting one North along canals from Heathrow via barge
    soon, though apart from the nosecone (apparently) it will be unrecognisable.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 16, 2004

  3. slumpy wrote:

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel MayB decided it
    > was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >

    >>I've noted some nostalgia amongst our island friends re the Concorde
    >>and its demise. For your info, if you didn't already know, Dovebid is
    >>auctioning some 150,000 pieces of memorabilia on the internet
    >>beginning tomorrow and lasting four days.
    >>
    >>I'm in no way connected to this company nor this action. Just thought
    >>you'd like to know.

    > They are also transporting one North along canals from Heathrow via barge
    > soon, though apart from the nosecone (apparently) it will be unrecognisable.

    Close, but no cookies.

    It is wandering down the Thames (river famed for Old Father sitting on
    the dock of the bay). From thence it issues forth into the North Sea
    and probably won't be in sight of land until it gets to Scotland.
    Something about old sea dogs liking plenty of lee space in case their
    thingies fall off or get jammed. (No, Lee isn't a friend of mine).

    It has its nose cone but no wings or tail. It will be covered up by
    now - the covers were taken off so everyone in London could see.
    Barges like to keep their covers on in the open sea (see description
    above regarding Old Sea Dog's activities to know why)

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 16, 2004
  4. MayB

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Palindrâ~»me
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel MayB
    >> decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >>

    >>> I've noted some nostalgia amongst our island friends re the Concorde
    >>> and its demise. For your info, if you didn't already know, Dovebid
    >>> is auctioning some 150,000 pieces of memorabilia on the internet
    >>> beginning tomorrow and lasting four days.
    >>>
    >>> I'm in no way connected to this company nor this action. Just
    >>> thought you'd like to know.

    >> They are also transporting one North along canals from Heathrow via
    >> barge soon, though apart from the nosecone (apparently) it will be
    >> unrecognisable.

    > Close, but no cookies.
    >
    > It is wandering down the Thames (river famed for Old Father sitting on
    > the dock of the bay). From thence it issues forth into the North Sea
    > and probably won't be in sight of land until it gets to Scotland.
    > Something about old sea dogs liking plenty of lee space in case their
    > thingies fall off or get jammed. (No, Lee isn't a friend of mine).
    >
    > It has its nose cone but no wings or tail. It will be covered up by
    > now - the covers were taken off so everyone in London could see.
    > Barges like to keep their covers on in the open sea (see description
    > above regarding Old Sea Dog's activities to know why)

    Oh it went while I took a week off ?

    Oh well, I saw the final landings from Mortlake on a gorgeous sunny friday.
    Twas enough for me.
    --
    slumpy
    no more