    newfangled gadjet in a nice enclosure but it works wonderful and was
    an inexpensive solution to a possible pain in the butt problem...

    I hope this helps. ask any questions you moght have.

    Learning, Jun 26, 2010

  2. Learning

    Mike Easter Guest

    Learning wrote:
    > I had similar problems.

    .... except that you didn't reference the cbress article.

    From: "cbress"
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Moving a hard drive
    Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:39:41 -0400

    > I had a sata drive out of a HP box that I had
    > received a message that the hard drive had failed. It wouldn't do a
    > thing. I went to Best Buy and ran into a guy at the Geek Squad that
    > was real sharp and knew his stuff. He told me to buy a "Black Widow"
    > which would allow me to plug my old sata drive into it and it would
    > hook up to my new computer through either the USB port or an external
    > Sata cable plug in.

    Here's an article with a pic about Thermaltake's Black Widow USB (or
    eSATA) external 'dock' (rather than enclosure).

    http://thegadget411.com/2008/12/black-widow-usb-dock-thermaltake/ Black
    Widow External USB Hard Drive Dock by Thermaltake

    > Now I have 10 1 terabyte internal hard drives that
    > I just swap on this "Black Widow"

    10 1T SATAs? That makes the Black Widow just the device for you. What
    do you do with all of that storage?

    > and I was also able to get all of
    > the info off of my old Failed hard drive. By the way, it works
    > wonderful and all I do is run a desk fan to blow on the drives while I
    > am using them to keep from overheating. Sure it's not some sleek
    > newfangled gadjet in a nice enclosure but it works wonderful and was
    > an inexpensive solution to a possible pain in the butt problem...

    The one at the gadget link retails for $23.

    There are some other 'connectors' which will do both IDE and SATA and
    USB and eSATA which are pretty economical but they don't have that
    little dock.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 26, 2010