    calendar - into a Good Year, not only in retrospect, but in real-time!

    Merry X-mas everyone!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Same to you Tony, everyone in here has been very helpful, best of luck to
    you and yours this Christmas season, and Happy New Year when it comes. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 19, 2005

  3. Joyeux Noël !

    Hum... sorry ;)

    Merry Xmas tu you too :)

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Dec 19, 2005
  4. Marry Xmas, Feliz Navidad, Bom Natal from the "other" side of the civilized
    world.
    We are not taking a break down here (53 degrees South, 67 degrees West) but
    we all celebrate Xmas and New Year as well.
    Happy holidays to all our x64 world members!
    Felices fiestas a todos los miembros del mundo x64!
    Carlos (abandoned the x86 creed this year, christened to the x64 faith and
    Gods on July)

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 19, 2005
  5. Good golly! For a second there, I thought you were talking temperatures. .
    ..then the 'penny dropped'. Think I'll go'n buzz you in my Howard one of
    these days - see what it's like down there. Hmm, on a hunch, I'd say that
    puts you right in the middle of Magellan Strait? Tierra del Fuego? I would
    never have guessed!

    If you have the means, you can find me around: N55 - E12.

    But breaks are essential - experience tells me, Carlos - you can fool
    yourself, but you cannot fool your body! ( ;o| )-

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 20, 2005
  6. Hi Tony:
    Direct hit!
    I live in Tierra del Fuego ("Fireland"), just a little bit south of the
    historical Magellan Strait.
    Just 200 km north of the sourthernmost city of the world: Ushuaia.
    A little bit north of the Antarctic.
    Vacations in Argentina occur during December, January and February (i.e.:
    summer).
    There is no specific weekly holiday break for Xmas or New year.
    Just on Xmas and New year's days.
    I'll be taking my vacations on February.
    Just have to fool my body until then.
    See you, "opposite latitude" friend!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 20, 2005
  7. Tony Sperling

    M. Murcek Guest

    Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukah! Joyful nothing-at-all, if that's your
    preference! This is a great community, lots of smart, helpful people.

    All I want with my lump of coal this year is HP SCANNER DRIVERS for x64
    Edition!

    M. Murcek, Dec 20, 2005
  8. Hmmm...
    N55 - E12 (latitude - longitude).
    Would that qualify as Copenhagen, Denmark?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 20, 2005
  9. Sure would, Carlos. Just south, near the coast, 12Km stone's throw off
    centre.

    I just landed in Ushuaia - on the way I figured your position as Rio Grande,
    huh?
    Just being nosy, but what can you do down there, besides whale-spotting?

    Personally, I love the winter, snow cover from mid november to mid march. In
    reality, I can remember one such year. Most times it's two / three month's
    of sleat and fog, which I hate intensly. Blame the Gulf Stream. Give me an
    ice age anytime.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 20, 2005
  10. Yep.
    Rio Grande ("Big River") is my city.
    There are two big cities down here: Ushuaia and Rio Grande.
    Ushuaia is devoted to tourism.
    People from all the world come to the "southermost city of the world".
    Been there this Saturday.
    Full of european guys.
    Rio Grande is the industrial city.
    There is a tax exemption promotion for industries (like Manaus in Brazil).
    I happen to be the production manager of one important electronics company
    (car electronics subassys mfgr).
    I do not watch the wales but cook exceptional patagonian lamb barbecues!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 20, 2005
  11. Forgot to add a couple of things.
    Ushuaia (50,000 inhabitants) has the beauty of Switzerland and still the
    charm of an unexplored land, slightly touched by the man.
    Mountains, snow, the sea!
    Rio Grande (also 50,000 inhabitants), by contrast, is all flat.
    No mountains, now snow, just a river!
    But there lies its main international attractive.
    Trout fishing!
    Normaly it is fly fishing, catch and release.
    I've been told that there are only 3 places in the world where you can fish
    this jumbo size trouts: Canada, Russia and Rio Grande.
    Trouts as big as 15 kilos (33 pounds) have been caught here.
    Big shots like George Bush (senior) and Bill Clinton have come down here
    just for fishing.
    Check more about this beatiful place at: http://www.tierradelfuego.org.ar/
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 20, 2005
  12. Tony Sperling

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:45:02 -0800, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >Check more about this beatiful place at: http://www.tierradelfuego.org.ar/

    I concur that. Been there 5 years ago around this time. Awesome.

    To bring it back on topic: which Ushuaia-dealer sells OEM x64?? ;-)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Dec 20, 2005
  13. Running eval here yet!
    Carlos