    the actual exam I'll sit with microsoft?

    Thanks
    Simon
    Simon Butler, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Simon Butler

    Lasher Guest

    "Simon Butler" <> wrote in
    news::

    > hey mate,
    > you seem to know what you're on about and I want to ask, I purchased
    > the MicrosoftPress MCDST 70-271 self-paced study guide. And I've a few
    > years experience in supporting XP in various small-mid companies.
    >
    > the MessureUp practise exams that come on a CD with the book cover a
    > (vast) number of topics not even remotely covered in the book. While I
    > do enjoy the questions challenging me, as they open up different areas
    > of XP that I might not have explored while preparing for the exam
    > (because, well, they're not in the study guide).
    >
    > My question is are the practise exams that come with the book harder
    > that the actual exam I'll sit with microsoft?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Simon

    If you actually compare the questions that are provided in the MS Press
    Book 70-271 to the questions that MeasureUp asks, most of them are the
    exact same question. The questions where you have to organize the
    answer in the procedure as to how the process/fix/method works is not a
    standard question type that Microsoft would ask.

    What I've told people in the past is that if you are passing the
    MeasureUp questions with at least a 90% then you should do just fine on
    the test. The MeasureUp questions were designed to give you an idea of
    how well you know the material in the book.

    However, if you look at the MS Learning site, it does state that the 70-
    271 takes from the 70-272 exam in one or two places. This is mainly
    because MS would like you to participate in the Microsoft Official
    Curriculum.

    What I found to be questions that were on the same level of difficulty
    were the questions that www.selftestsoftware.com provided, which is the
    other MS Approved Practice exam provider.

    But to answer your question, the questions are difficult in a completely
    different way. The questions that they ask you on the exam are
    difficult, which is a given, however they were easier than the MeasureUp
    questions. How, I can't really say without violating the NDA.

    Good luck to you and if you have any other questions, please feel free
    to ask.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010