Attacks on Unpatched IE Flaw Escalate

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 28, 2006

  2. "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote in message
    > http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/03/attacks_on_internet_explorer_f_1.html
    >
    > The last paragraph is particularly telling.

    It just goes to show how people, even the "in the know" are most of the
    times clueless...

    Just FYI, this exploit won't work on Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview,
    released 20 March. And of course Firefox, Opera...

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz, www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm, www.geekzone.co.nz/geekzone

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Mar 29, 2006

  3. On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:20:26 +1200, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:

    > Just FYI, this exploit won't work on Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview,
    > released 20 March. And of course Firefox, Opera...

    And which corporation will widely deploy a beta of any Micro$oft software?

    Of COURSE a flaw in IE wouldn't work on Firefox or Opera.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Mar 29, 2006
  4. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Shane Guest

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:

    > Just FYI, this exploit won't work on Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview,
    > released 20 March. And of course Firefox, Opera...

    When is that planned to go stable?

    Shane, Mar 29, 2006
  5. "Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:20:26 +1200, Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
    >
    >> Just FYI, this exploit won't work on Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview,
    >> released 20 March. And of course Firefox, Opera...

    > And which corporation will widely deploy a beta of any Micro$oft software?
    >
    > Of COURSE a flaw in IE wouldn't work on Firefox or Opera.

    I am not talk about corporation, but about John Doe. There are quite a few
    users running IE7 Beta, and they are not corporate users.

    It took me a couple of days to find the Technet article that explicitly says
    that this version is not affected, so I thought some nz.comp users could be
    in this very same boat.

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Mar 29, 2006
  6. "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
    >

    >> Just FYI, this exploit won't work on Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview,
    >> released 20 March. And of course Firefox, Opera...
    >>

    > When is that planned to go stable?

    I have no idea of dates for IE7 to come out, but it's quite usable as it is
    now, although some problems are still being ironed out.

    A microsoftie here could answer this one...

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Mar 29, 2006