    Any information and links deeply appreciated.

    Thanks,
    John.
    JohnNews, Oct 14, 2003

  2. JohnNews wrote:
    > Folks:
    >

    > I have finally been able to get 95% of the equipment for my CCNP/CCIE lab.
    > Now I am about to start climbing the CCNP mountain. ?
    >
    > I would like to get some advice (from group members) about which of the CCNP
    > exams I should start off with. Also, where can I find a current course
    > outline for the various CCNP courses

    it depends. :) if you feel good on routing go 1st, then switching, RA
    and CIT for last one. but there are people with other order

    course outline : www.cisco.com :)

    m.
    Marcin Strzyzewski, Oct 14, 2003

  3. i did Switching, Remote Access, then Troubleshooting
    I found routing to be the most difficult (at the time) so left it for the
    last, but have seen other postings where people felt that troubleshooting
    was the hardest.
    The order will depend on your background. take the easier courses first, so
    that you can get a feeling for Cisco's questions

    The following link describes the main topics for all exams. you can't pass
    the exams (easily) without this link. Your book may cover a topic
    extensively that is not on the exam. My last exam (Managing Cisco Network
    Security) covered the Pix firewall extensively, but it was not a topic on
    the exam.
    the CiscoPress books can't keep up to the changing exams. i would suggest
    looking at the topics, and download any additional material from
    www.Cisco.com that is not covered in your book

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html

    Claude

    --

    *****to e-mail me directly remove NOSPAM in e-mail address*******

    Claude LeFort, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Hi John,

    I was a bit of the odd man out. Since I was paying for the exams out of
    pocket (and not wanting to pay for the privilege of failing!), I took
    the Support exam FIRST ($125). Then, I took the combined switching,
    routing, and remote access exam (100-110 questions, $250, back in May
    before the recent exam changes). That way, I only had to deal with two
    exams. I believe it's now three, as I think Cisco combined the
    switching/routing components. If you pass the combined exam on the first
    try (or conversely fail just one of the separate exams), then you might
    save a few bucks taking the high road.

    I passed the Support exam on the first try, and the combined
    switching/routing/remote access exam on the second try. It's difficult
    to say that if I had taken the four exams separately, I would have saved
    money. However, it was also a psychological thing - I wanted to get the
    pressure of testing out of the way! :) Maybe that will be an additional
    incentive for you, too.

    Best of luck. BTW, I'm thankful that I buckled down and got the cert out
    of the way. My job was outsourced in June, and though I'm still job
    hunting, there have been several instances where had I not had the CCNP
    cert, I wouldn't have made it to the initial phone interview despite
    many years of experience/education (but let's not start another flame
    war on the degree vs. cert issue! ;-). The CCNP has proven its worth to
    me and has at least opened some doors that nothing else outside of it did!

    -Jason

    Jason Whiteaker, Oct 14, 2003