Attackers target two Microsoft security flaws

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Aug 22, 2007

  2. Au79

    Guest

    Au79 <> wrote:

    >SearchCIO ANZ - Sydney,NSW,Australia
    >
    >Attackers have set their sights on two Microsoft flaws -- an unpatched
    >DirectX Media vulnerability and the XML Core Services flaw the software
    >giant patched ...
    >
    ><http://www.searchcio.com.au/news/article.asp?DocID=1268886&siteID=14>

    This is an Internet Explorer problem when viewing a FLASH program; a
    quick fix:

    Disable the FlashPix ActiveX control in Internet Explorer -
    The vulnerable ActiveX control can be disabled in Internet
    Explorer by setting the kill bit for the following CLSID:

    {201EA564-A6F6-11D1-811D-00C04FB6BD36}
    www.purdue.edu/securepurdue/steam/newsDetail.cfm?NewsID=143

    Kill bit? I had to look that one up
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240797

    Too much work, just use Opera

    --

    Google Aims to Make YouTube Profitable With Ads
    http://tinyurl.com/3dp3xa

    , Aug 22, 2007

  3. Au79

    Tester Guest

    Ah, but you're trying to solve the problem; his agenda is to dump
    windows and go to Linux (which never has any problems, what never?
    well, hardly ever)

    Tester, Aug 22, 2007
  4. Tester wrote:
    > Ah, but you're trying to solve the problem; his agenda is to dump
    > windows and go to Linux (which never has any problems, what never?
    > well, hardly ever)

    Who are you talking to? Who are you talking about? Learn to quote and
    attribute.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Au79

    Tester Guest

    On 23 Aug 2007 00:36:51 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Tester wrote:
    >> Ah, but you're trying to solve the problem; his agenda is to dump
    >> windows and go to Linux (which never has any problems, what never?
    >> well, hardly ever)

    >Who are you talking to? Who are you talking about? Learn to quote and
    >attribute.

    Pennywise posted a solution to a Windows vulnerability posted by Au79.
    But Au79 doesn't post Windows vulnerabilities to find a solution. He
    posts them in the name of the First Church of Linux Advocacy.

    Tester, Aug 23, 2007
  6. Tester wrote:
    > On 23 Aug 2007 00:36:51 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Tester wrote:
    >>> Ah, but you're trying to solve the problem; his agenda is to dump
    >>> windows and go to Linux (which never has any problems, what never?
    >>> well, hardly ever)

    >>Who are you talking to? Who are you talking about? Learn to quote and
    >>attribute.

    > Pennywise posted a solution to a Windows vulnerability posted by Au79.
    > But Au79 doesn't post Windows vulnerabilities to find a solution. He
    > posts them in the name of the First Church of Linux Advocacy.

    I know. My point was about proper quoting and attribution. Which
    avoids having to explain what could have simply been there in the first
    place.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2007