    on Outlook? What good is this if my attachments won't open?

    Anxiously awaiting reply.

    Vicki Swan

    robertswan1, Mar 1, 2005

  2. robertswan1

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Attachments Not Opening
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => robertswan1 <= wrote:

    >Why won't the attachments open on the email I get through Insight Broadband
    >on Outlook? What good is this if my attachments won't open?
    >
    >Anxiously awaiting reply.

    open OE and click on TOOLS > OPTIONS > SECURITY > and uncheck the box "Do not
    allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".

    G. Morgan, Mar 1, 2005

  3. robertswan1

    Plato Guest

    robertswan1 wrote:

    > Why won't the attachments open on the email I get through Insight Broadband
    > on Outlook? What good is this if my attachments won't open?

    It has probably already saved you from installing a trojan.

    How to handle attachments:

    1. Make sure your backup anti-virus scanner is up to date
    2. Save the file to a folder on your hard drive
    3. Make sure the file looks legit, ie a filename.zip.scr is NOT legit
    4. Use your backup anti-virus program to just scan that file or folder
    5. If the file is packed, ie a .zip or other, unpack it to that same
    folder
    6. Scan again using your backup scanner
    7. Now use the proper application to open up the file, ie Word, etc.

    Maybe the most important is are you expecting an attachment? Is it an
    attachment from somebody you've never talked to?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 1, 2005