    then drag it to the email
    Thanks
    Nikki

    Nikki, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Nikki

    Doug G Guest

    Nikki wrote:
    > If I want to include a picture with an email I can drag it to this email
    > from my desk top and the picture shows up as part of this e-mail (not an
    > attachment) Is there any way to use the paper clip and get the same
    > results. Or do I always have to first copy the picture to my desk top
    > then drag it to the email
    > Thanks
    > Nikki

    Use the Insert menu to insert a picture.

    Doug G, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Nikki

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Nikki wrote:

    > If I want to include a picture with an email I can drag it to this email
    > from my desk top and the picture shows up as part of this e-mail (not an
    > attachment) Is there any way to use the paper clip and get the same
    > results. Or do I always have to first copy the picture to my desk top
    > then drag it to the email
    > Thanks
    > Nikki

    I'm guessing you mean Thunderbird and not Firefox, eh? ;-) You can
    also just drag the pic from a Windows Explorer window.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Nikki

    Nikki Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Nikki wrote:
    >
    >> If I want to include a picture with an email I can drag it to this
    >> email from my desk top and the picture shows up as part of this e-mail
    >> (not an attachment) Is there any way to use the paper clip and get
    >> the same results. Or do I always have to first copy the picture to my
    >> desk top then drag it to the email
    >> Thanks
    >> Nikki

    > I'm guessing you mean Thunderbird and not Firefox, eh? ;-) You can
    > also just drag the pic from a Windows Explorer window.

    Yes sorry your right Thunderbird not FireFox
    How do you do the insert picture
    Nikki

    Nikki, Jun 6, 2005
  5. Nikki

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Nikki wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> Nikki wrote:
    >>
    >>> If I want to include a picture with an email I can drag it to this
    >>> email from my desk top and the picture shows up as part of this
    >>> e-mail (not an attachment) Is there any way to use the paper clip
    >>> and get the same results. Or do I always have to first copy the
    >>> picture to my desk top then drag it to the email
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Nikki

    >> I'm guessing you mean Thunderbird and not Firefox, eh? ;-) You can
    >> also just drag the pic from a Windows Explorer window.
    >>

    > Yes sorry your right Thunderbird not FireFox
    > How do you do the insert picture
    > Nikki

    I'm assuming you are composing a mail message in HTML. Open Windows
    Explorer. Navigate to the folder with the desired image. Click and
    drag the file and drop it into the message body in Tbird. Can't see
    Tbird's compose window? Just drag the file to the taskbar, hover over
    the Tbird button, Tbird's window will gain focus, drop the file into the
    message body.

    Or, position the editing cursor in the message where you want the image.
    Use the Insert menu and choose Image, navigate to the folder etc.,
    select the image.

    By the way, the drag and drop can also be done into the attachment pane
    if you want to attach a file. I always have Windows Explorer open and I
    find it easier to toggle to it and do a drag/drop instead of using the
    Tbird file selection dialog.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

    Ed Mullen, Jun 6, 2005