    problem.

    Thank you
    Geopelia
    geopelia, Aug 4, 2005

  2. geopelia

    Phstpok Guest

    Check your settings on how you compose and recive mail, you may have
    everything set to html. Change to plain text.

    geopelia stubbed out the damp squib on 4/08/2005 3:31 p.m.and tried to
    bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:

    Phstpok, Aug 4, 2005

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Phstpok" <> wrote in message
    > Check your settings on how you compose and recive mail, you may have
    > everything set to html. Change to plain text.

    Thank you.
    I have changed to plain text for both email and newsgroups. (It was only set
    to plain text for newsgroups.)
    I'll see if that fixes it. It has only been happening for the last few days.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Aug 4, 2005
  4. geopelia

    revirdtaes Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >I notice the paper clip attachment sign is appearing on emails sent to me,
    > and emails I send. The number shows as, for example, ATT00079.htm and
    > other
    > numbers. I haven't sent any attachments, nor have those emailing me,
    > and
    > I have no viruses.
    >
    > What is going on please? How can I get rid of this sign without affecting
    > genuine attachments in emails please?
    > I've tried saving them to my documents but only the email is there, not
    > the
    > attachment if any. I suspect it's just an stray icon.
    >
    > There is no attachment to this email. If one appears, it is just this
    > problem.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    Could be a stationery ??
    revirdtaes, Aug 4, 2005
  5. geopelia

    Tim Guest

    I think its probably your AV attaching a message saying message is clean.

    Tim

    Tim, Aug 6, 2005
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > I think its probably your AV attaching a message saying message is clean.
    >
    > Tim

    Odd that it suddenly started happening though. It isn't happening so much
    these last few days.
    geopelia
    geopelia, Aug 7, 2005
  7. geopelia

    Guest

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 10:15:32 +1200, Tim <> wrote:

    >I think its probably your AV attaching a message saying message is clean.
    >
    >Tim
    >
    >geopelia wrote:
    >> I notice the paper clip attachment sign is appearing on emails sent to me,
    >> and emails I send. The number shows as, for example, ATT00079.htm and other
    >> numbers. I haven't sent any attachments, nor have those emailing me, and
    >> I have no viruses.
    >>
    >> What is going on please? How can I get rid of this sign without affecting
    >> genuine attachments in emails please?
    >> I've tried saving them to my documents but only the email is there, not the
    >> attachment if any. I suspect it's just an stray icon.
    >>
    >> There is no attachment to this email. If one appears, it is just this
    >> problem.
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Geopelia

    I believe the AntiVirus attachment theory is most probable, just started happening to
    me after an AVG update.
    KT
    , Aug 8, 2005