attachment in email problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    hi
    a friend wrote me that he's having a problem.
    he's on xp pro, uses Outlook Express, keeps norton running integrated into
    OE to scan incoming/outgoing emails.
    off and on he gets the problem that even tho there are pic attachments in
    the email, he can't view nor save the attachments.
    one of the columns is the paperclip column, but even tho the email contains
    attachment(s), that paperclip function won't work.
    he's reviewed his default settings for hte program, but can't figure out
    what to do.

    he has a workaround solution; he forwards the entire email, click on each
    pic therein to save to harddrive, then he can view the pics.

    when he clicks on the original blocked email, he gets a generated message
    saying that OE has blocked the attachments.

    could anyone help?
    tia !
    John, Aug 21, 2003

  2. John

    Computer Guy Guest

    Hello,
    Take this as a corrected copy.....
    Some days I cannot send anything spelled correctly, even with a spell
    checker.....
    I guess when one gets older the mind if the second thing to go...I forgot
    what the first
    was.
    DennisC

    "Computer Guy" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Open Outlook Express, go to tools | Options | Security and uncheck the

    item

    Computer Guy, Aug 21, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    hi boomer & computer guy
    man am i impressed on how fast you 2 are :)
    curiously, i had not 20 minutes ago sent an email to another friend (he's
    had a flood of worms in emails today; fortunately norton caught em all)
    mentioning the below function to help him protect his system.
    if the function does indeed block pic attachments from viewing, then i'll
    send him another email saying to uncheck the box (he keeps norton integrated
    into OE and makes sure he always gets updates when available).
    chris was the friend who had the original problem; i've passed along both
    your emails.
    thanks guys very nice of you :)

    John, Aug 21, 2003
  4. John