ATT.WORLDNET is getting WORSE!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Howard Davis, Dec 21, 2008.

  1. Howard Davis

    Howard Davis Guest

    Several months ago att.worldnet discontinued their excellent customer
    support newsgroups. These gave you quick access to knowledgable techs that
    would quickly and competently advise you on solutions for relevant technical
    issues.

    You would expect that their phone tech support would be improved to cover
    the need for this discontinued service, but no, that too has deteriorated.
    Now you can wait for a half hour or more to reach a tech, and if you're
    lucky you'll get one that knows how to help you. You are NOT told how long
    the wait will be, and often you'll hang up in frustration when no one picks
    up.

    On Dec. 17th my DSL modem, which usually connects within one minute if not
    immediately, could not establish a connection for FIFTEEN MINUTES. My
    diagnostic software assured me that the problem was with the ISP,
    att.worldnet. The next day it took eight minutes to connect. I finally
    called them at (866) 596-8455 and had to hang up after waiting over 20
    minutes with no one picking up. The next day, after MANY minutes of waiting,
    I finally reached someone that admitted to the problem on their end but
    assured me it was being fixed. Today, FOUR DAYS after the problem began, it
    is STILL NOT FIXED, as it took seven minutes for my DSL connection to be
    established.

    ATT.WORLDNET - bringing you TYPICAL BIG-CORPORATION ARROGANCE!

    Howard Davis, Dec 21, 2008

  2. The problem has STILL not been fixed.
    It took 7 minutes to connect today!

    Freedom Fighter, Dec 22, 2008

  3. Howard Davis

    Guest

    On Dec 22, 2:56 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <> wrote:
    > The problem has STILL not been fixed.
    > It took 7 minutes to connect today!

    I've dropped ISPs, cell phone providers (including AT&T), and other
    services because I wasn't happy with the service provided. You guys
    should do the same. If enough do this, they'll wake up.

    Phil

    , Dec 22, 2008