Att John Barnes - CPU-Affinity software

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jan 4, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    John (and the rest),
    I have found this utility for setting CPU-affinity, which I know causes you
    headaches every time you reboot Vista.
    http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=93
    It applies to Vista but I don't know if that includes x64 Vista, I have not
    tried it yet.

    "CPU-Control handles the CPU-affinity for multicore-systems (supports
    quadcores as well). Instead of running each process on both CPUs you can
    define it as you want it. For example, if you want to seperate the firewall
    and the anti-virus-software from the graphics-application.

    CPU-Controls offers five different ways to control the CPU-affinity:

    Automatic: It chooses alternatingly one CPU for each new process

    Manual: You define a list, where you can set the way to handle each process

    All processes run on CPU 1, which is useful for old applications which
    crashes on a dual core system

    All processes run on CPU 2

    Deactivated"

    D/L link: http://www.koma-code.de/ProgsZip/CPU_Control.zip

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 4, 2008

  2. Carlos

    John Barnes Guest

    Gracias Carlos. I will try it next week and see if it helps.

    John Barnes, Jan 5, 2008

  3. John, email me and I will tell how I finally resolved the Core 2 Duo
    system's problems that I have been complaining about for over a year.
    colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 6, 2008