    MCNGP #XLI

    * I know full well that there are many similar sublect lines, but you get
    the idea ;-)
    Mike T., Jul 26, 2005

  2. Mike T.

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <#>, root@127.0.0.1
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way that the thread "free exam questions"* could be flushed
    > from the server? Due to a (possibly intentionally) misconfigured posting
    > server, the message is dated 03.07.2006. It's bad enough that it's a spam
    > for br@indumps, but I don't think it's desirable to have to see that post
    > for the next year. (yes, I've killfiled it, but still...)
    >
    > Thanks.

    Done.
    Ben Smith, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Mike T.

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Ben Smith <> say in

    > Done.

    THANK YOU!!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Press "+" to see another tagline.
    Neil, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Mike T.

    Mike T. Guest

    "Ben Smith" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Done.

    Many thanks. Nuke it from orbit...that's the only way to be sure.
    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI
    Mike T., Jul 26, 2005
  5. No doubt......I deleted it from my News Reader already

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 27, 2005
  6. Mike T.

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Mike T." <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:uByroOikFHA.2152
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > "Ben Smith" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >

    >> Done.

    > Many thanks. Nuke it from orbit...that's the only way to be sure.

    yes. keep the ozone layer clean.

    in future, please send all "free exam questions" posts into Uranus' orbit.
    Those guys don't give a damn.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Jul 27, 2005
  7. Mike T.

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Mike T." <root@127.0.0.1> say in news:uByroOikFHA.2152
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > Nuke it from orbit..

    It's the MS way (or at least that's how it appears on Virtual Earth -
    actual devistation may not occur)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - BETA TESTERS WHO LIE! On the the next Geraldo...
    Neil, Jul 27, 2005
  8. "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > It's the MS way (or at least that's how it appears on Virtual Earth -
    > actual devistation may not occur)

    Microsoft may find it humorous to wipe Apple off of their virtual mapping
    service, but, when you think about it, if this sort of thing becomes a
    trend, we could have some seriously big problems obtaining legitimate
    information in the future if we rely on their technology.

    Seriously, if they are going to alter information based on their own slanted
    view of how the world ought to be, they are certainly not providing a good
    service, and their credibility becomes more questionable than it already is.

    If this 'sense of humor' carried over to your companies' database running
    SQL Server, and say, humorously had an impact on your bottom line, you
    wouldn't be laughing. Where does the line get drawn?

    Watch yourselves, MS. In case you haven't noticed, Linux is quite a
    remarkable product, and only looks to be getting better... It's certainly
    not presented from a singularly biased point of view.

    The vultures are circling, and you are one fat stag.

    Microcephalic S. Bob
    /* MCSBNGP+++ #270-290-291-293-294-298-299# */, Jul 28, 2005
  9. Mike T.

    Mike T. Guest

    "/* MCSBNGP+++ #270-290-291-293-294-298-299# */ <!-- The F-Word --> <? echo
    "</? X-Windows = MicrosoftAgent('Hasta La').Vista.WhatYouDidn'tLike(); /?>";
    ?> <!-- General Microcephalic S. Bob --> // still typing stupid stuff + the
    newsgroup is still here" <{ http://www.planetoftheheads.com/ - chimpanzees
    admitted free - future home of pms}> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >> It's the MS way (or at least that's how it appears on Virtual Earth -
    >> actual devistation may not occur)

    > Microsoft may find it humorous to wipe Apple off of their virtual mapping
    > service, but, when you think about it, if this sort of thing becomes a
    > trend, we could have some seriously big problems obtaining legitimate
    > information in the future if we rely on their technology.

    I don't know if MS did this intentionally or just used outdated pictures.
    (my tinfoil hat is in the shop). For example, the Twin Towers are still in
    the pictures.
    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI
    Mike T., Jul 28, 2005
  10. "Mike T." <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > I don't know if MS did this intentionally or just used outdated pictures.
    > (my tinfoil hat is in the shop). For example, the Twin Towers are still in
    > the pictures.

    Sounds like press release or disclaimer time then.

    "The picture of the Twin Towers is from the future, when we rebuild... and
    make them out of nerf."

    The F-Word
    /* MCSBNGP+++ #270-290-291-293-294-298-299# */, Jul 28, 2005
  11. Mike T.

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Mike T." <root@127.0.0.1> say in news:eH6zu51kFHA.764
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > the Twin Towers are still in
    > the pictures.

    this is typical of most Ortho-Imaging packages (ESRI for example). These
    products can create remarkable maps and images, but they are working from
    (often) arial photos take "recently". Our data here is updated about once
    every 3 years and we do it by having another "fly by". The cost associate
    with this is only part of the issue. The images are all typically Sping
    time so that the maps are more visually appealing. In the Winter, you
    don't get the same concepts of topology as everything is white.

    It's not really surprising then that the data is 4 years old for
    something that is free. The cost of the gathering the imagery is
    substancial for the arial photos and would only be more so for satellite.

    2¢ added

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Hey Kid Rock and Roll, nobody tells you where to go.
    Neil, Jul 28, 2005