    one of these already, but I cant seem toe get rid of the echo on it)

    Ta!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Ian Guest

    "Sparks" <> wrote in message
    news:42c2e507$0$38046$...
    > I am after an ATA type thing to connect my asterisk box TO my land line

    (If
    > possible!)
    >
    > Do they exist, or do I need to get a card for the Asterisk box (I do have
    > one of these already, but I cant seem toe get rid of the echo on it)

    Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

    As to the echo on what is more than likely a clone x100, have you adjusted
    the level with ztmonitor and adjusted the echo canceling and training. I
    have found in default these do echo, But with adjustment you can cut it to a
    point where its not noticable.

    Ian

    Ian, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

    Excellent, where is the best (as in cheapest!) place to get one!?

    > As to the echo on what is more than likely a clone x100

    Yup, the cheapskate in me thought it was a good idea at the time!

    > have you adjusted the level with ztmonitor and adjusted the echo
    > canceling and training.

    Yes, it got better, but even then quite often during the call it would all
    of a sudden go really really bad, never managed to solve it after lots of
    fiddling with it!

    Sparks, Jun 29, 2005
  4. In article <42c2ee48$0$38041$>,
    "Sparks" <> writes:
    >> Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

    > Excellent, where is the best (as in cheapest!) place to get one!?

    I bought 2 from www.gradwell.com a few days ago.
    They were £80+VAT each, plus £8 P+P.
    I don't know if that's the cheapest (didn't spend
    much time looking around), but it was cheaper than
    most of the ebay vendors.

    Be warned it probably has nearly 700 configuration
    fields (I must be bored, I just counted them;-),
    and the configuration manual is not very good in
    my view. (You have to download it -- it's not
    included with the product). However, the spa3000
    itself seems to be very powerful, if I ever get it
    properly configured. ;-)

    Oh, one other thing, it can only pickup Belcore
    style callerid from the PSTN line. Given how
    infinitely configureable the unit is generally,
    this is a rather untypical restriction. However,
    it can generate just about any callerid style out
    to a directly attached phone, including BT's FSK
    with polarity reversal.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jun 30, 2005
  5. "Andrew Gabriel" <> wrote in message
    > In article <42c2ee48$0$38041$>,
    > "Sparks" <> writes:
    >>> Yep the Sipura spa3000 will do what you want.

    > Oh, one other thing, it can only pickup Belcore
    > style callerid from the PSTN line. Given how
    > infinitely configureable the unit is generally,
    > this is a rather untypical restriction. However,
    > it can generate just about any callerid style out
    > to a directly attached phone, including BT's FSK
    > with polarity reversal.

    ???

    Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.

    Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

    --
    Thomas Sandford

    Thomas Sandford, Jun 30, 2005
  6. In article <42c436b6$0$38037$>,
    "Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> writes:
    > "Andrew Gabriel" <> wrote in message
    >> Oh, one other thing, it can only pickup Belcore
    >> style callerid from the PSTN line. Given how
    >> infinitely configureable the unit is generally,
    >> this is a rather untypical restriction. However,
    >> it can generate just about any callerid style out
    >> to a directly attached phone, including BT's FSK
    >> with polarity reversal.

    > ???
    >
    > Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.
    >
    > Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    > Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

    Oh, that's good to know. The (not very good manual) says it won't,
    and mine certainly isn't passing it through to the phone, but that
    maybe because the manual is out of date and I haven't configured
    it right yet ;-)

    Mine is:
    Software Version: 2.0.13(GWg)
    Hardware Version: 2.0.1(81e2)

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jun 30, 2005
  7. In article <42c4428a$0$38043$>,
    (Andrew Gabriel) writes:
    > In article <42c436b6$0$38037$>,
    > "Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> writes:
    >>
    >> Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.
    >>
    >> Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    >> Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

    > Oh, that's good to know. The (not very good manual) says it won't,
    > and mine certainly isn't passing it through to the phone, but that
    > maybe because the manual is out of date and I haven't configured
    > it right yet ;-)

    Actually, mine was working all along. I was using a 2-line Callerid
    phone (Converse 2050) to see the callerid before the spa3000 and
    after the call had passed through the spa3000. The Converse showed
    the number on line 1 and UNAVAILABLE on line 2. Attaching an old
    CD50 caller display unit revealed that in fact both these bits of
    information were coming out of the spa3000, except the text had been
    truncated on the Converse. On the CD50, the number is correctly
    displayed and the accompanying text actually reads NAME UNAVAILABLE,
    which when truncated on the Converse, unfortunately reads UNAVAILABLE,
    exactly the same as it displays when the 'O' [unavailable] flag is set
    in the callerid data! Oh what a coincidence...

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jun 30, 2005
  8. "Andrew Gabriel" <> wrote in message
    > In article <42c4428a$0$38043$>,
    > (Andrew Gabriel) writes:
    >> In article <42c436b6$0$38037$>,
    >> "Thomas Sandford" <${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> writes:
    >>>
    >>> Mine quite happily recognises callerid on my incoming BT line.
    >>>
    >>> Software Version: 2.0.11(GWg)
    >>> Hardware Version: 2.0.1(0875)

    >> Oh, that's good to know. The (not very good manual) says it won't,
    >> and mine certainly isn't passing it through to the phone, but that
    >> maybe because the manual is out of date and I haven't configured
    >> it right yet ;-)

    > Actually, mine was working all along. I was using a 2-line Callerid
    > phone (Converse 2050) to see the callerid before the spa3000 and
    > after the call had passed through the spa3000. The Converse showed
    > the number on line 1 and UNAVAILABLE on line 2. Attaching an old
    > CD50 caller display unit revealed that in fact both these bits of
    > information were coming out of the spa3000, except the text had been
    > truncated on the Converse. On the CD50, the number is correctly
    > displayed and the accompanying text actually reads NAME UNAVAILABLE,
    > which when truncated on the Converse, unfortunately reads UNAVAILABLE,
    > exactly the same as it displays when the 'O' [unavailable] flag is set
    > in the callerid data! Oh what a coincidence...

    Good - because I was getting a bit puzzled by your problem as I can't find
    any way of setting incoming (FXO)callerid so that AFICS it either monitors
    all possible incoming callerid or it uses the method you have explicitly set
    for the FXS port.

    Since it was working on mine I was worried this meant they had borked it on
    a later release.

    --
    Thomas Sandford

    Thomas Sandford, Jul 1, 2005