    Anyone care to comment on atom desktop machines. In particular N330 vs
    N280. I'm wondering if there is any worthwhile gain having the 330.

    The ion boards are looking nice too ;)

    Sailor Sam, Nov 17, 2009

  2. Sailor Sam

    JohnO Guest

    On Nov 17, 9:26 pm, Sailor Sam <> wrote:
    > Anyone care to comment on atom desktop machines. In particular N330 vs
    > N280. I'm wondering if there is any worthwhile gain having the 330.
    >
    > The ion boards are looking nice too ;)

    I'm looking for an excuse to put together an ION based system. Looks
    absolutely perfect for a quiet HTPC.

    JohnO, Nov 18, 2009

  3. Sailor Sam

    Richard Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > On Nov 17, 9:26 pm, Sailor Sam <> wrote:
    >> Anyone care to comment on atom desktop machines. In particular N330 vs
    >> N280. I'm wondering if there is any worthwhile gain having the 330.
    >>
    >> The ion boards are looking nice too ;)

    > I'm looking for an excuse to put together an ION based system. Looks
    > absolutely perfect for a quiet HTPC.

    For playback they are great, but the ion based machine I was playing on
    had real trouble providing a usable user interface.

    Perhaps more ram would have helped, but both foobar2000 and winamp were
    having problems with a large audio library on the machine, to the point
    of stuttering.

    Was windows 7 RC and 2 gigs since thats all what was available to put in
    it at the time.

    DVB worked mint however.

    Richard, Nov 18, 2009