    0x401FB, Expected 0x401FC from VPI:1 VCI:33

    Many thanks

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Jonathan

    JNCIP#0136 Guest

    ATM OAM F5 loopback cells have a field called Correlation Tag (CTAG). If
    "oam-pvc manage" is enabled on ATM PVC
    then these cells are sent out with incrementing CTAG and the router expects
    to receive them back with same CTAG.
    It looks like they are being returned but with incorrect CTAG (expected CTAG
    0x401FC actually received 0x401FB) ,
    I've seen a similar error earlier, fixed with SW upgrade on remote end
    (non-Cisco box).
    HTH,
    Cheers
    Alex

    JNCIP#0136, May 1, 2005

  3. Jonathan

    Guest

    Many thanks

    Jonathan

    JNCIP#0136 wrote:
    > ATM OAM F5 loopback cells have a field called Correlation Tag (CTAG).

    If
    > "oam-pvc manage" is enabled on ATM PVC
    > then these cells are sent out with incrementing CTAG and the router

    expects
    > to receive them back with same CTAG.
    > It looks like they are being returned but with incorrect CTAG

    (expected CTAG
    > 0x401FC actually received 0x401FB) ,
    > I've seen a similar error earlier, fixed with SW upgrade on remote

    end
    > (non-Cisco box).
    > HTH,
    > Cheers
    > Alex
    >
    > "Jonathan" <> wrote in message
    > > We are having some issues with one of our ATM circuits flapping,

    after
    > > adding debug atm events and errors we are getting this output.

    Does
    > > anyone have any ideas what this error is?
    > >
    > > Apr 29 09:03:09: ATM_OAM(ATM1/0): Bad Correlation tag. Received
    > > 0x401FB, Expected 0x401FC from VPI:1 VCI:33
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >

    > > Jonathan

    , May 5, 2005