    We have a supplier who offered us the D101GGC board on a PC for a total
    cost of about 1% less on the total system price, apparently they are a
    little cheaper than the Intel 915GAG boards with the Intel 915 chipset.
    Rob J, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Rob J

    Rudy Seoa Guest

    In article <>,
    am says...
    > Intel is offering the D101 board with the ATI Xpress 200 chipset and
    > Celeron or P4 CPUs.
    > http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d101ggc/index.htm
    >
    > This seems strange as according to all the data I can find on the Xpress
    > 200 it is supposed to be an AMD chipset.
    > http://www.ati.com/products/radeonxpress200series/

    Intel version:
    http://www.ati.com/products/radeonxpress200intel/index.html

    Rudy Seoa, Feb 13, 2006

  3. Rob J

    Daniel Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > Intel is offering the D101 board with the ATI Xpress 200 chipset and
    > Celeron or P4 CPUs.
    > http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d101ggc/index.htm
    >
    > This seems strange as according to all the data I can find on the Xpress
    > 200 it is supposed to be an AMD chipset.
    > http://www.ati.com/products/radeonxpress200series/
    >
    > It seems even stranger that a chipset made by a third party company is
    > offered by Intel on its board, after all, they already have plenty of
    > their own chipsets.
    >
    > We have a supplier who offered us the D101GGC board on a PC for a total
    > cost of about 1% less on the total system price, apparently they are a
    > little cheaper than the Intel 915GAG boards with the Intel 915 chipset.

    Vaguely remember reading somewhere that Intel want out of the integrated
    graphics chipset market now.
    Apparently, the margins just aren't worth it, and with Vista just around
    the corner I think we may well see either the bar raised (considerably)
    in terms of intergrated graphics chip sets, or everyone going back to
    discrete/dedicated graphics cards/chipsets as the only graphics option.
    Daniel, Feb 13, 2006