    Has anyone else experienced the same type of problem, and has anyone found a
    solution?

    Same problem occurs for xp, xp sp1, and xp sp2.
    Paul S., Jan 7, 2005

  2. Paul S.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Paul S." <> wrote in message
    news:43uDd.15663$...
    |I have an ATI all-in-wonder Radeon 8500de card. It has a coax input.
    | However one day the input stopped working. In Device manager under
    | Sound,video and game controllers - 'ATI WDM TV Tuner' has an exclamation
    | mark attached to it "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
    |
    | I have tried reinstalling the drivers. I have tried formatting, and
    | installing the original drivers. I have tried downloading the latest
    | drivers. I have tried doing a full removal of all ATI software and
    registry
    | settings. I contacted ATI but all they said was to reinstall the drivers.
    | Has anyone else experienced the same type of problem, and has anyone found
    | solution?
    |
    | Same problem occurs for xp, xp sp1, and xp sp2.

    Beyond the "cannot start" did you look into the resources to see if it's a
    conflict listed there? If so, you may be able to manually choose a different
    IRQ. I've had to give my modem a different IRQ in the past, so the IRQ
    wanted by a different device would be available. Not all devices are able to
    use just any IRQ, so sometimes "plug 'n play" doesn't work.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Paul S.

    Paul S. Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul S." <> wrote in message
    > |I have an ATI all-in-wonder Radeon 8500de card. It has a coax input.
    > | However one day the input stopped working. In Device manager under
    > | Sound,video and game controllers - 'ATI WDM TV Tuner' has an exclamation
    > | mark attached to it "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
    > |
    > | I have tried reinstalling the drivers. I have tried formatting, and
    > | installing the original drivers. I have tried downloading the latest
    > | drivers. I have tried doing a full removal of all ATI software and
    > registry
    > | settings. I contacted ATI but all they said was to reinstall the
    > drivers.
    > | Has anyone else experienced the same type of problem, and has anyone
    > found
    > | solution?
    > |
    > | Same problem occurs for xp, xp sp1, and xp sp2.
    >
    > Beyond the "cannot start" did you look into the resources to see if it's a
    > conflict listed there? If so, you may be able to manually choose a
    > different
    > IRQ. I've had to give my modem a different IRQ in the past, so the IRQ
    > wanted by a different device would be available. Not all devices are able
    > use just any IRQ, so sometimes "plug 'n play" doesn't work.

    Hmm.. I dont know for sure if it would be an irq issue, as the other
    features of the video card are working. Also, i do not see where to change
    the irq setting anyways.

    Basically this is what is in the device manager:
    -Sound, video and game controllers
    -ati wdm rage theatre audio
    -ati wdm rage theatre video
    -ati wdm specialized mvd codec
    -ati wdm specialized pcd codec
    -ati wdm tv audio crossbar
    -ATI WDM TV TUNER! <-problem
    -audio codecs
    -legacy audio drivers
    -legacy video capture devices
    -media ctonrol devices
    -soundmax integraded digital audio
    -video codecs

    Under ATI WDM TV TUNER

    Tabs: General | Driver | Details

    General->Device Status:
    "This device cannot start. (code 10)
    Paul S., Jan 7, 2005
  4. Paul S.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Paul S." <> wrote in message

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Paul S." <> wrote in message
    | > |I have an ATI all-in-wonder Radeon 8500de card. It has a coax input.
    | > | However one day the input stopped working. In Device manager under
    | > | Sound,video and game controllers - 'ATI WDM TV Tuner' has an
    exclamation
    | > | mark attached to it "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
    | > |
    | > | I have tried reinstalling the drivers. I have tried formatting, and
    | > | installing the original drivers. I have tried downloading the latest
    | > | drivers. I have tried doing a full removal of all ATI software and
    | > registry
    | > | settings. I contacted ATI but all they said was to reinstall the
    | > drivers.
    | > | Has anyone else experienced the same type of problem, and has anyone
    | > found
    | > | solution?
    | > |
    | > | Same problem occurs for xp, xp sp1, and xp sp2.
    | >
    | > Beyond the "cannot start" did you look into the resources to see if it's
    | > conflict listed there? If so, you may be able to manually choose a
    | > different
    | > IRQ. I've had to give my modem a different IRQ in the past, so the IRQ
    | > wanted by a different device would be available. Not all devices are
    able
    | > use just any IRQ, so sometimes "plug 'n play" doesn't work.
    | >

    | Hmm.. I dont know for sure if it would be an irq issue, as the other
    | features of the video card are working. Also, i do not see where to
    change
    | the irq setting anyways.
    |
    | Basically this is what is in the device manager:
    | -Sound, video and game controllers
    | -ati wdm rage theatre audio
    | -ati wdm rage theatre video
    | -ati wdm specialized mvd codec
    | -ati wdm specialized pcd codec
    | -ati wdm tv audio crossbar
    | -ATI WDM TV TUNER! <-problem
    | -audio codecs
    | -legacy audio drivers
    | -legacy video capture devices
    | -media ctonrol devices
    | -soundmax integraded digital audio
    | -video codecs
    |
    | Under ATI WDM TV TUNER
    |
    | Tabs: General | Driver | Details
    |
    | General->Device Status:
    | "This device cannot start. (code 10)

    This is such a generic error it's hard to pin down. What ATI said is
    correct - but since you've already tried the new drivers, reinstalling,
    etc., I don't have any real insight either.

    If you've added any hardware since the last time you knew this worked, you
    might try removing that hardware and reinstalling the ATI drivers. If that
    clears it up, then there's possibly a resource conflict with the new
    hardware (both trying to use the same IRQ, memory addresses or something.)
    Toolman Tim, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Paul S.

    > "Paul S." <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > "Paul S." <> wrote in message
    > exclamation
    > | > |
    > latest
    > | > registry
    > | > drivers.
    > | > found
    > | > |

    > | > Beyond the "cannot start" did you look into the resources to see if
    > it's
    > | > conflict listed there? If so, you may be able to manually choose a
    > | > different
    > | > IRQ. I've had to give my modem a different IRQ in the past, so the IRQ
    > | > wanted by a different device would be available. Not all devices are
    > able
    > | > use just any IRQ, so sometimes "plug 'n play" doesn't work.
    > | >

    > | Hmm.. I dont know for sure if it would be an irq issue, as the other
    > | features of the video card are working. Also, i do not see where to
    > change
    > | the irq setting anyways.
    > |
    > | Basically this is what is in the device manager:
    > | -Sound, video and game controllers
    > | -ati wdm rage theatre audio
    > | -ati wdm rage theatre video
    > | -ati wdm specialized mvd codec
    > | -ati wdm specialized pcd codec
    > | -ati wdm tv audio crossbar
    > | -ATI WDM TV TUNER! <-problem
    > | -audio codecs
    > | -legacy audio drivers
    > | -legacy video capture devices
    > | -media ctonrol devices
    > | -soundmax integraded digital audio
    > | -video codecs
    > |
    > | Under ATI WDM TV TUNER
    > |
    > | Tabs: General | Driver | Details
    > |
    > | General->Device Status:
    > | "This device cannot start. (code 10)
    > |
    > This is such a generic error it's hard to pin down. What ATI said is
    > correct - but since you've already tried the new drivers, reinstalling,
    > etc., I don't have any real insight either.
    >
    > If you've added any hardware since the last time you knew this worked, you
    > might try removing that hardware and reinstalling the ATI drivers. If that
    > clears it up, then there's possibly a resource conflict with the new
    > hardware (both trying to use the same IRQ, memory addresses or something.)

    The irq of the video card is 16. However, i do not see how the irq has any
    baring on the ATI WDM TV TUNER. subsection of the all-in-wonder card.

    I do not see any resource or irq conflicts related to the video card.

    Also, the following are the driver detials for the ATI WDM TV TUNER:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atintuxx.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ks.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ksproxy.ax
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ksuser.dll

    If that helps with anything...