    My old dual head nvidia would have no problem with me having both dscaler and a
    DVD playing at once, the ATI wont let the second surface be created.

    Quite annoying.

    richard, Sep 23, 2004

  2. richard

    cowboyz Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Is it just me or do ATI video cards only support 1 overlay active at
    > a time?
    >
    > My old dual head nvidia would have no problem with me having both
    > dscaler and a DVD playing at once, the ATI wont let the second
    > surface be created.
    >
    > Quite annoying.

    what card? My 9800pro can.

    cowboyz, Sep 23, 2004

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >
    >>Is it just me or do ATI video cards only support 1 overlay active at
    >>a time?
    >>
    >>My old dual head nvidia would have no problem with me having both
    >>dscaler and a DVD playing at once, the ATI wont let the second
    >>surface be created.
    >>
    >>Quite annoying.

    > what card? My 9800pro can.

    64 meg 9200. Also the same happens on the PCI 7000 I have for a secondary monitor.

    Also, I get all sorts of weird artifacts if I have one playing on each screen.

    All was fine on the Quaddro I had in there before.

    richard, Sep 24, 2004
  4. richard

    cowboyz Guest

    richard wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it just me or do ATI video cards only support 1 overlay active at
    >>> a time?
    >>>
    >>> My old dual head nvidia would have no problem with me having both
    >>> dscaler and a DVD playing at once, the ATI wont let the second
    >>> surface be created.
    >>>
    >>> Quite annoying.

    >> what card? My 9800pro can.

    > 64 meg 9200. Also the same happens on the PCI 7000 I have for a
    > secondary monitor.
    >
    > Also, I get all sorts of weird artifacts if I have one playing on
    > each screen.
    >
    > All was fine on the Quaddro I had in there before.

    Dunno if I can help really. I run 2 CRTs off a 9800pro 128meg and can play
    as many video files as I feel like on any screen. running cat4.8s

    cowboyz, Sep 24, 2004
  5. richard

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:57:12 +1200, richard <> wrote:

    >cowboyz wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is it just me or do ATI video cards only support 1 overlay active at
    >>>a time?
    >>>
    >>>My old dual head nvidia would have no problem with me having both
    >>>dscaler and a DVD playing at once, the ATI wont let the second
    >>>surface be created.
    >>>
    >>>Quite annoying.

    >> what card? My 9800pro can.

    >64 meg 9200. Also the same happens on the PCI 7000 I have for a secondary monitor.
    >
    >Also, I get all sorts of weird artifacts if I have one playing on each screen.
    >
    >All was fine on the Quaddro I had in there before.

    Driver?

    GraB, Sep 24, 2004
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > Driver?

    8/3/2004

    6.14.10.6467

    Downloaded not too long ago.

    Also, any way of forcing it to detect an analog monitor? As soon as I connect
    the DVI flat panel, it doesnt want to know about my analog screen. My Gforce2
    had an option to force detection of a secondary display, no such option on the
    ATI...

    richard, Sep 24, 2004