ati Radeon X850XT 256MB or Geforce 7800GS CO Superclock 256MB?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by burn2782@hushmail.com, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Apr 16, 2006

  2. Willah Guest

    7800 by a wiiiiiide margin, stomps the x850 in style.
    Willah, Apr 16, 2006

  3. I just got an Evga 7800GS CO superclock to replace my old ATI 9800 pro.
    The performance improvement is significant, I'm pretty happy with it.
    My second choice would have been the Radio X850 XT PE, it seems to run
    about neck-and-neck with the 7800.

    Which card is better? Depends on the game. Depends on how much AA/AF
    you like to use. I went with the 7800 because it was cheaper, and my
    case cooling is kind of crappy (the X850 runs a little louder and
    hotter). I also liked the Evga warranty and upgrade policy.

    I think you'd be quite happy with either card, and can safely disregard
    most of the ATI/Nvidia rules/sucks fanboy noise.

    Jonathan Currie, Apr 19, 2006