    Danielle E Guest

    Has anyone figured out which driver to use with the Radeon 9200 & X64 OS?

    Danielle

    Danielle E, Sep 4, 2005

  2. Danielle E

    Jerry Guest

    The ATI web site has Radeon drivers posted for WinXP 64. The Radeon drivers
    are not broken down by card number.

    Jerry, Sep 4, 2005

  3. Danielle E

    Danielle E Guest

    Jerry

    Thank you for your reply. The text I found on the ATI site caused me to
    pause. As noted below it says the AMD64 driver is only good for Radeon 9500
    series and higher. (Are you saying the chip set reference number does not
    necessarily line up with the card number. Where they reference 9500 series
    below it's not clear if they are referencing a chipset or card number). The
    quoted text below is from the ATI site.

    "
    For Intel® EM64T and AMD64 Platform Architecture
    Notes:

    a.. Supports RADEON 9500 Series and higher.
    b.. High Speed download contains a single package for the Display Driver
    and Control Panel.
    c.. WDM Capture Drivers are not included at this time. ALL-IN-WONDER
    products and VIVO products use the WDM Capture Drivers included with the
    Operating System.
    d.. The drivers below support 24 languages.
    e..
    "

    Danielle

    Danielle E, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Danielle E

    Imhotep Guest

    Hello Danielle,

    I would say: test it out. If it doesen't work you uninstall the driver.
    I've used the same driver for my ATI Radeon X300. Look up my post in this
    Newsgroup called: "Problem with ATI Drivers (X300)"

    I hope the driver works with your Radeon 9200

    Imhotep, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Problem is I cant install the control panel without a crash........will
    contact ATI with that problem. Problem is when you download the utility from
    ATI the control panel comes with a driver and you cant just install the
    control panel alone. The driver has been updated by microsoft with a
    "secondary driver".....seems to be a conflict...oh well, got video....just
    cant tweak it for now....but this too shall get a fix.

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Sep 7, 2005
  6. The driver works fine with my ATI Radeon 9600

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=, Sep 7, 2005
  7. Danielle E

    Gatos Loco Guest

    Planetamd64.com has a driver for older radeon cards. I regularly check
    the site just to see what is new. I remember seeing this post so I
    checked it the last time I was there, and it looked like they had a
    driver specifically for older radeon cards.

    If anyone is having driver questions check the site out. It has been a
    great resource for me, and even Microsoft mentions them on the xp 64
    site. Many vendor created drivers as well as user tweaked drivers and
    programs.

    I saved the exact link, but it is on my other system. So, if you go,
    you will have to register to access the downloads. It's free.
    No hassles otherwise.

    good luck
    gato loco

    Gatos Loco, Sep 10, 2005