ATi or nVidia what do you think?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unholy, Jun 26, 2005.

?

ATi or nVidia

  1. ATi

    85.4%
  2. nVidia

    14.6%
  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Everyone probably has read about the new 7800GTX's from nVidia, and tons of people have SLi configs. Now ATi has released their Xpress 200 Chipset (aka the CrossFire).
    The question is which do you prefer?
    ATi
    Or
    nVidia
    Give us a reason why too?
    Mine is... ATi has a more attractive meaning... whilest i believe nVidia has the performance covered.

    unholy, Jun 26, 2005

  2. unholy

    ldonyo

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Lee's Summit, MO
    I, too, prefer ATi's dual card setup because the cards don't have to be exactly the same. Just need the same number of pipelines and framebuffer size and you're good to go! :D

    ldonyo, Jun 26, 2005

  3. unholy

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    nvidia seems to have the performance crown for now.

    PUTALE, Jun 26, 2005
  4. unholy

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    I gotta stay with my fellow Canadian's ATI :D I like the way their drivers are setup.

    werty316, Jun 26, 2005
  5. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    to let everyone know... nVidia has gone open source...! that means we might possible end up seeing Dual SLi with 2 of any card. (possible) --- (I don't know how the SLi arcitecture works)
    Any ways i don't have enough money for a dual card. so i am staying with nVidia on this one.. they have the performance per card setup covered :D

    unholy, Jun 26, 2005
  6. unholy

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    I can't vote because I haven't had a Nvidia card yet. But my ATI has been good to me.. Though my next card will be a Nvidia one. The ATI crossfire setup seems to have a better way for rendering with the two cards. Also they don't have to be from the same manufacture like sli does.

    stlava, Jun 26, 2005
  7. unholy

    InspectorGadget

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    9
    I like ati cards over nvidia. ATI's crossfire should beat the SLI systems easily

    InspectorGadget, Jun 26, 2005
  8. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    oh you would be surpirsed... :D ATi isn't always going to be better just cause of its name, and same with nVidia :D

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  9. unholy

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    So far I think its a luck of the draw. Look at the 6600GT and X800XL. Best bangers for the bucks from both their companies.

    werty316, Jun 27, 2005
  10. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    then u forgot the 7800gtx and the 6800!

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  11. unholy

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Yeah but they are expensive and if money is no object then I would have to go with nVidia since the 7800GTX is out and ATI has nothing so far.

    werty316, Jun 27, 2005
  12. unholy

    TYCOON

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    Saskatoon
    I used to be all about the ATi...but I had 0 problems with nvidia, and I have problems with ati...and this 6600GT is freaking wickid...so Im going to have to say whatever is the best bang for your buck..nvidia.

    TYCOON, Jun 27, 2005
  13. unholy

    HackaX0rus

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    32
    ATI...i am sorry i just was born an ati guy and have lived liek taht ever since...i liek the overclockability and the messups they do every few cards that let you hardmod to a better card

    HackaX0rus, Jun 27, 2005
  14. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nvidia is winning guys.. everyone get there posts in... this is the offical world statsictics!!!!

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  15. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Right now, I'm still going with ATI, most bang for your buck. I just can't see paying $600 for any video card. That and the fact that Nvidia isn't making AGP high end cards anymore also.

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005
  16. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    oh no nvidia fans you seem to be losing this round!!! knocking over to ATi :|

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  17. unholy

    TYCOON

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    Saskatoon
    Well as far as I know, the 6600GT is the best bang for your buck. and the 6800GTX is the fastests card. AGP is dead.
    Look at reviews dude, there is NOTHING bad about the 6600GT, kills 9800XT's and x700XT's. While being cheaper than both. It can keep up with the x800XL in some benchmarks becuase there are alot of games optimized for nvidia, while being about $150-$100 cheaper.

    TYCOON, Jun 27, 2005
  18. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hmm this settles my point... if u aim higher... u get better for the buck... i always knew ATi cards never performaded as good as the top of nvidia.
    the top vs the top is really what were talking about... then u minus the value!

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  19. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    A X800XL can and does beat a 6800GT. So you are saying that a 6600 can beat a 6800.
    Oh, one more thing, as for reading the reviews..........I write them thank you very much. I'd like you to show me any review that says the 6600 is better than the X800XL.

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005
  20. unholy

    Blazin Trav

    Joined: