    [​IMG]
    Quote: Crossfire was always set to launch before the next generation of ATI graphics processors and with those launching in a week or so it was time for Crossfire systems to make their way to folks like me recently, for full evaluation. Were ATI's claims for the technology preview correct? How would integrating a Crossfire system work for the end-user? What's the Crossfire platform like as a whole?
    Link: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xNjUx

    Silverstrand, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    YAH CROSSFIRE i cant wait to see if mike is wrong :p

    unholy, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I... Am never... Wrong...
    From Maximum PC...
    Head to head the 7800 is the best there is, hands down.

    The Modfather, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    that proves nothing bar 7800gtx's are sweet, like they always will be but who says Crossfire wont be a good contenter :D
    I always new the more Video ram u had didn't mean much, it was like the old 64mb's and the128mb's

    unholy, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    It proves nothing? It proves that NVidias top board is miles beyond ATI's top board and in SLI (or Crossfire if you prefer) NVidia's two cards will still be miles beyond ATI's two boards. It's the most basic of math here, 1+1, that's all.
    And more video ram doesn't mean quite so much at the moment, but go ahead and try to run BF2 on a 64mb card and see how far you get. The future isn't going to wait because you don't believe in it, ya know? :)

    The Modfather, Sep 28, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i ran bf2 on a 9200se... it crashed :p
    We haven't seen the performance of ATi, its like Intel vs AMD, intel always was the best in the beginning, but look how far AMD have gone, they have dominated the market. i am not saying ATi are going to over turn nVidia, but they are the better in performance value. I have only ever purchased ATi cards, and the only problem i have it having a card new enough... as in i had a 9200se for like 2 years. and when i upgraded i was like "OMFG THIS IS FASt!!!! i can render faster then 30 fps!!!"
    But nvidia see to have the best choice in performance, though its really hardly worth SLi it. i am talking bout the 7800's, ATi is yet to release there new Chip.. we will have to see then
    I am not taking side, i play fair in the game, but when its Inte vs amd, i always say AMD :D
    If u want a good GCard its what ever u get at the price. Sometimes nVidia sometimes ATi.

    unholy, Sep 28, 2005