  1. I have installed the ATI Catalyst drivers (5.7) and Control Panel. But the
    control panel doesn't seem to start. Has anyone encountered this problem and
    does anyone know of a solution?
    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    Jerry Guest

    Ask ATI tech support

    Jerry, Jul 22, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    Mirko Guest

    Do you get any error messages during startup ?

    "Ned H." <>
    :...
    Mirko, Jul 22, 2005
  4. No.

    I checked the processes running un Task Manager. There are two for ATI,
    both of the same name: ati2evxx.exe. I have no idea whether this has
    anything to do with the control panel. Regardless, no ATI control panel icon
    appears on the lower right on the taskbar, nor does the control panel appear
    when one accesses the advanced display properties.

    Ned

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 22, 2005
  5. Did you post to ATI? I think I have seen elsewhere (perhaps PlanetAMD64)
    that the ATI Control Panel does not work in x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Experienced similar symptoms - check that you have .NET Framework 1.1 installed
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/framework1_1

    Jan

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFubWFuX2Rr?=, Jul 22, 2005

    Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > Did you post to ATI? I think I have seen elsewhere (perhaps PlanetAMD64)
    > that the ATI Control Panel does not work in x64.
    >
    > "Ned H." <> wrote in message
    >
    >>No.
    >>
    >>I checked the processes running un Task Manager. There are two for ATI,
    >>both of the same name: ati2evxx.exe. I have no idea whether this has
    >>anything to do with the control panel. Regardless, no ATI control panel
    >>icon
    >>appears on the lower right on the taskbar, nor does the control panel
    >>appear
    >>when one accesses the advanced display properties.
    >>
    >>Ned
    >>
    >>"Mirko" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Do you get any error messages during startup ?
    >>>

    >>>"Ned H." <>
    >>>:...

    The new 5.7 Catalyst drivers seem to work well. I think most people had
    trouble with the 5.6 version.

    - --
    Steve Thompson
    Key ID: 0x495F423B http://pgpkeys.telering.at
    CBEC CFA9 94DB B835 5B86 4F7B 5EFF 6369 495F 423B

    Online 64 .NET | http://www.online64.net/
    Help get the forums going.

    Steve Thompson, Jul 22, 2005
  8. Indeed, there is a thread
    (http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t5855.html) at PlanetAMD64
    that describes my sympthoms, but for an earlier version. I will give that
    remedy a try and report back.

    Ned

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 22, 2005
  9. The solution posted in that PlanetAMD thread worked. Unistall ATI using
    their utility from the Add/Remove Programs, delete the keys to ATI in the
    registry at HKLM/Software, reboot, reinstall ATI Cats.

    Ned

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 22, 2005
  10. I have had no problem's at all with the ATI Catalist 5.7 Driver's on either
    of my 2 64 Bit Computer's (one of them belongs to my Parents). Both of them
    are Dell Dimension 8400's with Windows XP X64 Edition installed on them.
    Have not tried the Control Panel Download, however.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUGFuemtl?=, Jul 22, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    The control panel works fine here. Are you sure you don't mean that
    flashy control center? I've never tried that, but it's quite conceivable
    that one doesn't work. Anyway, if it doesn't work, you can always try
    the control panel. Works like a champ.

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, Jul 22, 2005
  12. No, I mean the control panel, not the control center.

    I had the same sympthoms as described by many for the 5-5 Cats. Apparently,
    once the problem is solved for one Cat, it remains solved for all Cats. But,
    this is speculation, since this is the first time I installed any Cat driver.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 23, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    There were some problem with the installation of the drivers earlier on,
    but I seem to recall they were solved a while ago. There was a version
    where you had to install the drivers manually for instance. But I'm
    pretty sure the last time I did a clean installion I installed Catalyst
    5.6, and I had no problem at all. But anyway, I see your problem was
    solved. Weird, though.

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, Jul 23, 2005