ATI Catalyst's 10.8 are out

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Aug 25, 2010.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Aug 25, 2010

  2. "Jim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > They enable contrast boosting,edge enhancement, and digital noise
    > reduction by default now. Last thing we need is more people thinking
    > this crap improves PQ. We got enough of them ruining my Blu rays.

    Ok, so what would be a cost effective ATI card? Any cad people here,
    I'm in the market for one.

    This ATI 100-505606 FirePro V4800 1GB GDDR5 PCI caught my eye,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195096

    What are you guys using?

    Cheers

    Martin Riddle, Aug 27, 2010

  3. On 8/26/2010 8:10 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
    > "Jim"<> wrote in message
    >> They enable contrast boosting,edge enhancement, and digital noise
    >> reduction by default now. Last thing we need is more people thinking
    >> this crap improves PQ. We got enough of them ruining my Blu rays.
    >>

    > Ok, so what would be a cost effective ATI card? Any cad people here,
    > I'm in the market for one.

    Check with the vendors of the CAD program in question, some cards work
    better with some packages than others and most CAD software companies
    have a list of approved and tested cards for their programs. Also ask
    the users of the software on the user forums for your software, these
    users will know what works best and what to avoid.

    John

    John John - MVP, Aug 27, 2010