ATI Catalyst 8.7's released

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jul 22, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jul 22, 2008

  2. Too bad we can't install them on our laptops, since ATI no longer supports
    laptop (embedded) graphics chips - you have to wait for the OEM to release
    them. Yeah, right. Like Acer will ever release an update for this Ferrari.
    Sigh.

    --
    Charlie.
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Kerry Brown Guest

    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/integrated-vista64

    These work on my Acer with an X1200 chipset.

    --
    Kerry Brown
    http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

    Kerry Brown, Jul 22, 2008
  4. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    Do you still feel young and want to push the envelope?
    Try this tool:
    http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php
    Mod the official catalysts and convert them to mobile.
    (use at your own risk, etc. etc. etc.)
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 22, 2008
  5. :D -- I'll have to give it a try.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2008
  6. X1200? I wish. This is an _old_ machine, remember. An x700 I think.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2008
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    I don't know what OS you have in your laptop, but if it is XP you may find
    something here:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atidriv mobility.htm
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 22, 2008
  8. Carlos

    Graham Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > Do you still feel young and want to push the envelope?
    > Try this tool:
    > http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php
    > Mod the official catalysts and convert them to mobile.
    > (use at your own risk, etc. etc. etc.)
    > :)

    I used these last month to install the ATI 8.6 drivers on my wife's new
    laptop with a 3870 chip. No problems at all (that was 32-bit XP though).

    Graham.
    Graham, Jul 23, 2008
  9. Vista 64.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 23, 2008
  10. Carlos

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jul 23, 2008
  11. Carlos

    Kerry Brown Guest

    I have Vista Business x86 and Server 2008 Enterprise x64 installed on this
    laptop. Both show the driver version as 8.512.0.0 after installing the
    latest driver from ATI. The Catalyst Control Center doesn't work properly in
    Server 2008 x64. The driver seems to be fine. Both the CCC and the driver
    work in Vista x86.

    Kerry Brown, Jul 24, 2008
  12. Carlos

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Kerry.

    Me, too.

    I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and see driver version 8.512.0.0 in Device
    Manager after installing the 8.7 driver package from ATI. I did not even
    download the CCC because I don't need that extra overhead.

    I don't know why I bothered with 8.7, since my computer was running fine
    before - and it's still fine with 8.512.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 24, 2008
  13. Carlos

    Kerry Brown Guest

    I don't normally install it either. I thought I'd try it and see what
    happened. I'll probably uninstall it.

    Kerry Brown, Jul 24, 2008
  14. Carlos

    Barb Bowman Guest

    interesting, my mobility radeon x1600 won't accept any of the
    drivers. the install advised me my driver was up to date. (Ferrari
    5000, x64 ultimate). stuck on 8.3246

    Barb Bowman, Jul 24, 2008