ATI Catalyst 8.1's released

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jan 16, 2008

  2. Carlos

    jerryw4386 Guest

    "Carlos" wrote:

    > There's a new release of ATI drivers for its graphic cards.
    > http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/common-vista64
    > I use NVidia, so please don't ask me for additional info.
    > :)
    > Carlos

    Hi All
    I installed these driver on 2 of my Dell computers last night and both of
    them shows a little tiney white square in the upper right conner of my
    screens
    in both Vista 32\64 bit on a Dell D 8400 1704 FPT 64 bit Ultimate
    and my Dell Inspiron 1501-Home P 32\64 bit Ultimate
    What i found it has to be the C CONTROL CENTER i removed it and left the
    driver inplace the little box went away then went back to CCC 7.12 without
    the drives !
    It works fine now.
    Just heads up to let you know what it did on my computers !
    Good Luck
    jerryw4386, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    ATI CCC is a bloated app that delays the OS boot and adds little value,
    compared to the prior Control Center.
    When my son had an ATI card, I used to install only the drivers and would
    leave the CCC out.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 18, 2008
  4. Carlos

    Graham Guest

    jerryw4386 wrote:
    > I installed these driver on 2 of my Dell computers last night and both of
    > them shows a little tiney white square in the upper right conner of my
    > screens

    ATI are aware of a small white square in the top *left* which only
    exists as long as you have th 8.1 CCC in the tray. You can simply remove
    CCC from the tray to eliminate the white square. It doesn't affect
    function and will be fixed, probably in the next release of the Catalyst
    drivers.

    Graham.
    Graham, Jan 19, 2008
  5. Carlos

    jerryw4386 Guest

    "Graham" wrote:

    > jerryw4386 wrote:
    > > I installed these driver on 2 of my Dell computers last night and both of
    > > them shows a little tiney white square in the upper right conner of my
    > > screens

    > ATI are aware of a small white square in the top *left* which only
    > exists as long as you have th 8.1 CCC in the tray. You can simply remove
    > CCC from the tray to eliminate the white square. It doesn't affect
    > function and will be fixed, probably in the next release of the Catalyst
    > drivers.
    >
    > Graham.

    Hi Graham
    Thanks