ATI 11.2's are out

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Drew, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. Drew

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Drew

    1: "Under on board devices"
    Marvell 9128 controller set it to : AHCI mode

    2: "Storage Configuration"
    configure Sata as AHCI.............which is an enhanced mode

    Another thought.....do you have the latest firmware update applied for
    your Intel SSD drive.

    Hope this helps you out.

    "Drew" wrote in message news:imtpmv$ik5$...

    Just out of curiosity which settings did you change?

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    >>
    >> Windows 7 Professional Operating System
    >>
    >> WEI Scores:
    >>
    >> Component Details Subscore Base score Determined by lowest subscore 7.4
    >>
    >> Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 7.5
    >> Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB 7.5
    >> Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 7.4
    >> Gaming graphics 6907 MB Total available graphics memory 7.4
    >> Primary hard disk 60GB Free (112GB Total) 7.7
    >> Windows 7 Professional
    >>
    >> The ssd is amazing
    >>

    >> "Charlie Russel-MVP" wrote in message news:imp3kt$ath$...
    >>
    >> Yup, the only expensive thing in my list was that video card. Same
    >> chipset
    >> mobo. And just trying to be patient until I can throw some newer SATA3
    >> HDs
    >> at it, Or SDDs, if I have a good gig. ;)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Charlie.
    >> http://blogs.msmvps.com/Russel
    >>

    >> "R. C. White" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, Charlie.
    >>>
    >>> My new rig is similar:
    >>> MSI 890FXA-GD70 mainboard - $200
    >>> AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition - $200
    >>> 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM - $100
    >>>
    >>> All from Newegg.com.
    >>>
    >>> I love this new mobo! Triple-triple: DDR3, USB 3, SATA3. ;<)
    >>>
    >>> No, if we only had some USB 3.0 devices and SATA3 drives. But I'm ready
    >>> when it comes time for the next upgrades.
    >>>
    >>> The mobo worked perfectly for about 4 days, then the sound died. Newegg
    >>> replaced it immediately, but all my "expert" friends insisted that the
    >>> no-sound problem was most likely caused by wrong drivers, so I spent
    >>> several days trying to get working drivers, with no success. When I
    >>> finally plugged in the replacement board, the sound was fine, so the
    >>> problem all along was hardware, as I suspected. The original mobo was
    >>> Ver. 1.3; the replacement is Ver. 1.1, but as long as it works with the
    >>> latest BIOS, which I downloaded and flashed, I guess I can't complain.
    >>>
    >>> I also bought a second 1 TB Seagate HDD and migrated my RAID 1 mirror
    >>> from the pair of 300 GB drives to the pair of 1 TB drives; that took a
    >>> long time, especially moving those many thousands of email and newsgroup
    >>> archive posts! In the process, I switched from hardware RAID 1 to a
    >>> software mirror, using Win7's Disk Management. Much of the discussion I
    >>> found online seemed to say that the software mirror is faster and better
    >>> with today's fast machines. I'm still booting from my old 200 GB Maxtor
    >>> and using one of the now-non-RAID 300s for miscellaneous projects.
    >>>
    >>> And I still have my nearly-new AMD 5570 video card by XFX, so I can use
    >>> the ATI 11.2 drivers that Carlos told us about.
    >>>
    >>> RC
    >>> --
    >>> R. C. White, CPA
    >>> San Marcos, TX
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft Windows MVP (2002-2010)
    >>> Windows Live Mail 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109) in Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    >>>

    >>> "Charlie Russel-MVP" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, I just finally built a new box. First decent one in a couple of
    >>> 1090 Black hex core, 16 GB of RAM, and a 1690 video card on a good
    >>> Gigabyte
    >>> mainboard. Only weak links at this point are the conventional SATA2 hard

    Kue2, Mar 30, 2011

  2. NCIX has a Sandforce, 120 GB, drive on sale this week for a very good price
    (<$200 CAD). Ordered mine. Will see what that does to the overall
    responsiveness of this new box. (Plus a pair of 500 GB SATA3 drives at under
    $40 each to replace the SATA2 drives for data disks on this box. )

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Apr 1, 2011

  3. Drew

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Charlie
    Where did you buy up your Sata 3 drives?

    Kue2, Apr 1, 2011
  4. NCIX.com. They're "local" to me, and have as good a prices as anyone in
    Canada, generally. They also ship to the US. The SATA3 drives are Seagates,
    which I'm not happy about, but I figure at this price, I don't care. They'll
    be backed up every day to Windows Home Server so I'm not too concerned.
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=58611&vpn=ST3500413AS&manufacture=Seagate&promoid=1306

    Of course, I just sent back another failed Seagate last week. And to think,
    they used to be the best in the business. Sigh.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Apr 2, 2011
  5. Drew

    barb bowman Guest

    my remanufactured/refurbished Seagate drives received from RMA's are starting to
    fail now. Just came back from sending one of those back. these things apparently
    have a life of about 1 year...

    barb bowman, Apr 2, 2011