    3800+ and 4000+ with 1MB L2 cache

    "Venice" - also called E3
    all other speeds - minimum of 3000+ - with 512kB L2 cache
    athlon-newbie, May 7, 2005

  2. athlon-newbie

    why? Guest

    Re: Athlon64 - "Venice" and "San Diego" cores - have I got them correct ?

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 13:33:53 +0100, athlon-newbie wrote:

    >planning to upgrade to Athlon64 :)

    What OS?

    >have I got the right details about these models ?

    And why is such exact detail important? It's the rest of the bits like
    motherboard features, OS , driver support , 64bit apps, firewalls, AV
    etc.

    I suspect a bit of www.google.com will help you find review sites,

    >BOTH "San Diego" AND "Venice" cores are:
    >90nm ; SOI ; SSE3 ; Socket-939 ;

    www.xbitlabs.com lots of CPU details, articles on the 90nm CPUs.

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-venice.html
    AMD Athlon 64 3800+ CPU: E3 Processor Core aka Venice at the Door
    Category: CPU
    by Ilya Gavrichenkov
    [ 04/03/2005 | 04:06 PM ]

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-90nm.html
    90nm Processors from AMD: Athlon 64 3500+, 3200+ and 3000+
    Category: CPU
    by Ilya Gavrichenkov
    [ 11/25/2004 | 02:25 AM ]

    >"San Diego" - also called E4
    >3800+ and 4000+ with 1MB L2 cache

    Or alternative
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/
    Venice and San Diego Already around the Corner.
    AMD Athlon 64 Processors on New 90nm Cores to Start Shipping Officially
    in the First Half of April!
    Category: CPU
    by Anna Filatova
    [ 03/10/2005 | 06:25 PM ]

    >"Venice" - also called E3
    >all other speeds - minimum of 3000+ - with 512kB L2 cache

    If you are still not sure if any of that is what you want,
    http://www.amd.com/

    Why not wait for the 64 X2 Dual Core systems come out.

    ME
    why?, May 7, 2005