    processor Athlon XP2400,is it okay to run windows 98 se with it or might
    there be compatibility problems?
    thanks,,,,,,,,,
    pwb, Dec 13, 2003

  2. pwb

    Lebowski Guest

    "pwb" <> wrote in message
    news:LyKCb.28296$...
    > Hello,I am going to upgrade my motherboard to ASUS A7N8X-X/LAN and also
    > processor Athlon XP2400,is it okay to run windows 98 se with it or might
    > there be compatibility problems?
    > thanks,,,,,,,,,

    The Athon XP's are tailored to run on XP, sure...but there's no harm in
    running another OS. But then again, why would you want to run 98 when you've
    got XP? If you have trouble running an app designed for 98, then just
    right-click on the .exe file in xp and choose Windows 98 compatibility mode.
    Mind you, I had a game that still wouldn't run on XP after doing this - but
    it was no loss, it was a crap game anyway! :)
    Lebowski, Dec 13, 2003

  3. pwb

    pwb Guest

    pwb, Dec 13, 2003
  4. pwb

    Lebowski Guest

    "pwb" <> wrote in message

    > "Lebowski" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "pwb" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,I am going to upgrade my motherboard to ASUS A7N8X-X/LAN and

    also
    > > > processor Athlon XP2400,is it okay to run windows 98 se with it or

    might
    > > > there be compatibility problems?
    > > > thanks,,,,,,,,,
    > > >

    > > The Athon XP's are tailored to run on XP, sure...but there's no harm in
    > > running another OS. But then again, why would you want to run 98 when

    > you've
    > > got XP? If you have trouble running an app designed for 98, then just
    > > right-click on the .exe file in xp and choose Windows 98 compatibility

    > mode.
    > > Mind you, I had a game that still wouldn't run on XP after doing this -

    > but
    > > it was no loss, it was a crap game anyway! :)
    > > Unfortunatily I havent got XP but windwos 98 se, thanks lebowski.

    XP's really come down in price over recent times (I see at TasTech, XP Home
    is only $170 incl GST and Win98 S.E is $260...much more expensive)...but
    yeah 98 should be fine :)
    Lebowski, Dec 13, 2003
  5. pwb

    ~misfit~ Guest

    pwb wrote:
    > Hello,I am going to upgrade my motherboard to ASUS A7N8X-X/LAN and
    > also processor Athlon XP2400,is it okay to run windows 98 se with it
    > or might there be compatibility problems?
    > thanks,,,,,,,,,

    It should run fine, I've done it several times. As long as your mobo driver
    disk has 98 drivers (and most still do).
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 14, 2003