    OCZ 3.

    Any tips for installing a heatsink? Are they all hard to fit on?

    Thanks

    Peter S., Dec 4, 2003

  2. They can be tricky. I use 2 screwdrivers, when I have one side connected
    push down on the top of the other with one whilst pulling out slightly the
    bottom with the other so that it goes over the lip. When it's over the lip
    let the bottom go so that it catches. Be VERY careful that neither
    screwdriver slips and hits the board, it can destroy it!

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Peter S.

    Plato Guest

    Peter S. wrote:

    > I just bought a new system and am having trouble getting the heatsink
    > to fit on. It is quite impossible to get both clips on.

    right. Often it's hard. Often I use needlenose plyers to get the second
    clip on.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Peter S.

    Plato Guest

    Kenny Cargill wrote:

    > They can be tricky. I use 2 screwdrivers, when I have one side connected
    > push down on the top of the other with one whilst pulling out slightly the
    > bottom with the other so that it goes over the lip. When it's over the lip
    > let the bottom go so that it catches. Be VERY careful that neither
    > screwdriver slips and hits the board, it can destroy it!

    agreed. It takes some guts at times.

    Plato, Dec 5, 2003