    Is there a proper way to test whether 999 and 112 is working through an
    asterisk system or do you just 'hope', or dial and explain you are
    testing a phone system etc??
    Linker3000, May 12, 2006

  2. Linker3000

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Linker3000" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > Is there a proper way to test whether 999 and 112 is
    > working through an asterisk system or do you just 'hope',
    > or dial and explain you are testing a phone system etc??

    Don't *ever* ring and say you are testing, they will not love you at all
    for doing that..!

    I don't know Asterisk but I would assume if you connect something to the
    analogue line connection and listen for the DTMF tones being sent you
    should get some idea.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 12, 2006

  3. Linker3000

    alex Guest

    Linker3000 wrote:
    > Is there a proper way to test whether 999 and 112 is working through an
    > asterisk system or do you just 'hope', or dial and explain you are
    > testing a phone system etc??

    You should arrange the test call with your provider. Are you routing
    999 calls over a PSTN line? If so, you might be better off using 150 a
    dummy 999 number or something. Certainly, as someone else has
    suggested, dialling 999 and saying, "sorry mate, testing, testing, 123"
    == bad.

    alex
    alex, May 13, 2006