Atcom ATA any good?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Geo, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. Geo

    Geo Guest

    Geo, Feb 21, 2006

  2. Geo

    RH Guest

    "Geo" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Has anyone any views on this ATA for use at home connected to DECT base
    > unit:-
    > http://en.atcom.com.cn/down/catalog/168V.pdf
    >
    > about £55 including postage & VAT from:-
    > http://www.ipchitchat.com/products/ipc-168.htm
    >
    > Manufacture's web site:-
    > http://en.atcom.com.cn/En_products_AG168V.html

    I had one when which I got as a sample from china, Lots of different
    companies in china sell the unit under the same name.

    Plus Sides :
    Firmware for them gets changed quite a lot with new features
    Very configurable

    Downsides:
    Mine soon died
    QA of firmware is very limited and sometime upgrading ata can kill it
    Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version
    RH, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Geo

    Clueless2 Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > "Geo" <> wrote in message
    > Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

    Laws have changed in the last few years. No need to have BABT approval for
    telephone equipment, but now need CE marked (which by the way can be
    self-certified). The company I used to work for were responsible and always
    sought independent test-labs to type approve their telecom equipment (EC
    R&TTE, TBR22 and TBR10 seems to spring to mind, but as this is a good 3
    years ago....).
    Clueless2, Feb 23, 2006
  4. "
    >> Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

    > Laws have changed in the last few years. No need to have BABT approval for
    > telephone equipment, but now need CE marked (which by the way can be
    > self-certified). The company I used to work for were responsible and
    > always sought independent test-labs to type approve their telecom
    > equipment (EC R&TTE, TBR22 and TBR10 seems to spring to mind, but as this
    > is a good 3 years ago....).

    So can you plug in a normal phone and switch between VOIP and PSTN by
    dialling *

    Stephen
    ¬Stephen Hammond, Mar 1, 2006