    http://snipurl.com/1p585

    cheers,

    sean

    Guest, Aug 3, 2007

  2. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:tlOsi.13843$
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am selling .....

    [snip]

    FYI, the charter of this group does not permit advertising.

    http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.telecom.voip.html#uk.telecom.voip

    Your actions have also been reported to eBay, I suggest you read the
    following:

    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/newtoebay/usenet-policy.html

    which states:

    "eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
    advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the
    Usenet board policy."

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    > FYI, the charter of this group does not permit advertising.

    FYI, you are not the internet police.

    Guest, Aug 4, 2007
  4. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > > FYI, the charter of this group does not permit
    > > advertising.

    > FYI, you are not the internet police.

    No, but the charter exists for a reason. Let's see what eBay have to say
    on the matter, shall we..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2007
  5. <> wrote in message

    >> FYI, the charter of this group does not permit advertising.
    >>

    > FYI, you are not the internet police.

    FYI you've now managed to prove you're a fuckwit.

    The only thing you'll achive by spamming is that people who may have
    considered buying your tat will no longer do so. As you're also in breach
    of eBay's T&C's, you'll probably end up getting reported to them multiple
    times as well (wheter they'll do anything about it is a different matter).

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>

    Richard Colton, Aug 4, 2007
  6. Guest

    Jono Guest

    Richard Colton explained :
    > <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> FYI, the charter of this group does not permit advertising.
    >>>

    >> FYI, you are not the internet police.

    > FYI you've now managed to prove you're a fuckwit.
    >
    > The only thing you'll achive by spamming is that people who may have
    > considered buying your tat will no longer do so. As you're also in breach of
    > eBay's T&C's, you'll probably end up getting reported to them multiple times
    > as well (wheter they'll do anything about it is a different matter).
    >

    > --
    > <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    > <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>
    > <<< www.thephonelocker.co.uk >>>
    > <<< www.gsm-solutions.co.uk >>>

    I don't see a single, relevant URL as a problem TBH. Certainly no worse
    than 3xURL in a sig.

    I might even bid.

    Jono, Aug 4, 2007
  7. Guest

    Jono Guest

    (supersedes <>)

    Richard Colton explained :

    Jono, Aug 4, 2007
  8. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I don't see a single, relevant URL as a problem TBH.
    > Certainly no worse than 3xURL in a sig.
    >
    > I might even bid.

    That's up to you. But the fact remains that the OP is both (a) violating
    eBay's rules and (b) the group charter.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2007
  9. Guest

    Rob Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > I might even bid.

    You could even contact the seller direct by phone on 0800 011 2931, fax him
    on 029 2019 8189, write to him at

    CARDIFF IT SUPPORT LTD
    20A Pantbach Road
    Cardiff
    CF14 1UA

    or email him at

    The above info was taken from his website at

    http://www.cardiffitsupport.com/

    Rob

    Rob, Aug 4, 2007
  10. Guest

    Lurch Guest

    Re: Re: Atcom AT-320's on Ebay

    On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 18:42:55 +0100, "Rob" <>
    mused:

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I might even bid.

    >You could even contact the seller direct by phone on 0800 011 2931, fax him
    >on 029 2019 8189, write to him at
    >
    >CARDIFF IT SUPPORT LTD
    >20A Pantbach Road
    >Cardiff
    >CF14 1UA
    >
    >or email him at
    >
    >The above info was taken from his website at
    >
    >http://www.cardiffitsupport.com/
    >
    >Rob

    Or we could all just sit here and call him a **** in the reasonable
    safety of our armchairs.
    --
    Regards,
    Stuart.

    Lurch, Aug 4, 2007
  11. Guest

    alexd Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> > FYI, the charter of this group does not permit
    >> > advertising.

    >> FYI, you are not the internet police.

    > No, but the charter exists for a reason. Let's see what eBay have to say
    > on the matter, shall we..?

    Alas, I suspect eBay will do nothing. No matter what their Ts&Cs say, it's
    in their interest to have extra traffic to their site.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:23:30 up 18 days, 2:08, 2 users, load average: 0.21, 0.32, 0.35

    alexd, Aug 4, 2007
  12. Guest

    Guest

    On Aug 4, 11:17 am, <> wrote:
    > > FYI, the charter of this group does not permit advertising.

    > FYI, you are not the internet police.

    But you are Sean Ruttledge a very well known racist troll, identity
    thief and stalker harassing people on the Internet since 10 years:
    http://www.seanie.eu
    http://www.putfile.com/naz1gogu/
    http://www.papafloratos.com/
    a clone of seans naz1gogu webpage
    and a domain name belonging to Sean Rutledge
    http://www.1cl.co.uk/London_Chaufeurs.htm
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60849093@N00/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishAccents
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RENNET0
    http://www.youtube.com/user/grikkiller
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mister5eanie
    above 2 were suspended

    , Aug 4, 2007
  13. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Re: Re: Atcom AT-320's on Ebay

    "Lurch" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Or we could all just sit here and call him a **** in the
    > reasonable safety of our armchairs.

    No need to swear..! In any case, the word is a misnomer, cunts are useful.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2007
  14. Guest

    Guest

    On Aug 4, 1:53 am, <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am selling some used voip phones on ebay if anyone is interested. They are
    > IAX2 capable Atcom AT-320's.
    >
    > Also some Aastra POE injectors.
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1p585
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > sean

    LOL

    , Aug 4, 2007
  15. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > (supersedes <>)
    >
    > Richard Colton explained :
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> FYI, you are not the internet police.

    >> FYI you've now managed to prove you're a fXXXwit.
    >>
    >> The only thing you'll achive by spamming is that people who may have
    >> considered buying your tat will no longer do so. As you're also in
    >> breach of eBay's T&C's, you'll probably end up getting reported to them
    >> multiple times as well (wheter they'll do anything about it is a
    >> different matter).

    <snip>

    > I don't see a single, relevant URL as a problem TBH.

    It's not in a group that allows advertising. This one doesn't.

    > Certainly no worse than 3xURL in a sig.

    That's a matter of opinion (yours obviously varies to mine), but a 4 line
    sig is permissable - spam isn't.

    > I might even bid.

    That's your prerogative.

    Richard Colton, Aug 4, 2007
  16. "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> FYI, you are not the internet police.

    >> No, but the charter exists for a reason. Let's see what eBay have to
    >> say
    >> on the matter, shall we..?

    > Alas, I suspect eBay will do nothing. No matter what their Ts&Cs say,
    > it's
    > in their interest to have extra traffic to their site.

    They will certainly do nothing if nobody takes the trouble to report the
    abuse.
    As regards extra traffic to their site, spam is usually counter
    productive, and can reflect badly on the companies promoted in the spam,
    so it should be in eBay's interest to stamp it out.

    Harry Stottle, Aug 4, 2007
  17. Guest

    Jono Guest

    Richard Colton used his keyboard to write :

    > It's not in a group that allows advertising. This one doesn't.
    >
    >> Certainly no worse than 3xURL in a sig.

    > That's a matter of opinion (yours obviously varies to mine), but a 4 line sig
    > is permissable - spam isn't.

    So, had he put it in his sig, he wouldn't have been jumped on?

    Seems a bit double standards to me.

    Jono, Aug 5, 2007
  18. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Richard Colton used his keyboard to write :
    >

    > > It's not in a group that allows advertising. This one
    > > doesn't.
    > > > Certainly no worse than 3xURL in a sig.

    > > That's a matter of opinion (yours obviously varies to
    > > mine), but a 4 line sig is permissable - spam isn't.

    > So, had he put it in his sig, he wouldn't have been
    > jumped on?

    If he'd said he had stuff for sale there, yes. The charter says pointers
    to commercial or other web sites in signatures are permitted provided the
    message is on-topic. It doesn't say you can advertise, there or anywhere
    else.

    It's ok to point to a site such as an ATA manufacturer if the message
    concerned ATA's, but specifically saying you have something for sale
    isn't.

    > Seems a bit double standards to me.

    Not really. See above.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 5, 2007
  19. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Richard Colton used his keyboard to write :
    >

    >> It's not in a group that allows advertising. This one doesn't.
    >>
    >>> Certainly no worse than 3xURL in a sig.

    >> That's a matter of opinion (yours obviously varies to mine), but a 4 line
    >> sig is permissable - spam isn't.

    > So, had he put it in his sig, he wouldn't have been jumped on?

    Maybe, maybe not. ;-)

    It would depend on the original content of the post. If it was intended
    purely to get the advert seen, then it's a no-no. If the post was on topic,
    problem.

    > Seems a bit double standards to me.

    Maybe, but you may like to do a little research on what is and isn't
    (generally) allowed in sigs.

    People tend to get hung up on the rights and wrongs of an individual post
    and discuss it ad-nauseum. That's pretty much a waste of time when there is
    plenty of precedent out there for spam related matters in this and many
    other groups.

    Richard Colton, Aug 5, 2007
  20. Guest

    Jono Guest

    Richard Colton formulated on Sunday :

    >> So, had he put it in his sig, he wouldn't have been jumped on?

    > Maybe, maybe not. ;-)

    What about this reply to your post? Would that be OK?

    > It would depend on the original content of the post. If it was intended
    > purely to get the advert seen, then it's a no-no. If the post was on topic,
    > problem.
    >
    >> Seems a bit double standards to me.

    > Maybe, but you may like to do a little research on what is and isn't
    > (generally) allowed in sigs.

    Nah, as I neither want a sig, nor intend to advertise anything.

    > People tend to get hung up on the rights and wrongs of an individual post and
    > discuss it ad-nauseum. That's pretty much a waste of time when there is
    > plenty of precedent out there for spam related matters in this and many other
    > groups.

    The correspondents who spam multiple groups and could never be expected
    to read any replies are the ones that get on my nerves. A single,
    relevant URL from a regular, albeit occasional, poster should not cause
    this much concern.

    --
    I know someone who has some Atcom AT-320s
    for sale on Ebay - http://snipurl.com/1p585

    Jono, Aug 5, 2007