    the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

    I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

    Ta
    ACDeag, Nov 4, 2006

  2. ACDeag

    Jono Guest

    ACDeag expressed precisely :
    > Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass the
    > CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
    >
    > I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
    >
    > Ta

    Linksys/Sipura SPA3102
    Jono, Nov 4, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    ACDeag <> writes:
    > Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
    > the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
    >
    > I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

    Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
    manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
    configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
    different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Nov 5, 2006
  4. ACDeag

    speckled hen Guest

    Andrew Gabriel wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > ACDeag <> writes:
    > > Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
    > > the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
    > >
    > > I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

    > Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
    > manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
    > configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
    > different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Gabriel

    Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
    display.
    works well.
    speckled hen, Nov 6, 2006
  5. ACDeag

    ACDeag Guest

    It happens that speckled hen formulated :
    > Andrew Gabriel wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> ACDeag <> writes:
    >>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
    >>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
    >>>
    >>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

    >> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
    >> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
    >> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
    >> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Andrew Gabriel

    > Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
    > display.
    > works well.

    I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am
    correct. I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can
    be connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.
    ACDeag, Nov 6, 2006
  6. ACDeag

    Paul Guest

    ACDeag wrote:
    > It happens that speckled hen formulated :
    >> Andrew Gabriel wrote:

    >>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
    >>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
    >>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
    >>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Andrew Gabriel

    >> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
    >> display.
    >> works well.

    > I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
    > I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
    > connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.

    I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul, Nov 6, 2006
  7. ACDeag

    Oldie Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > ACDeag wrote:
    > > It happens that speckled hen formulated :

    > >> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
    > >> display.
    > >> works well.

    > > I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
    > > I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
    > > connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.
    > >

    > I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.
    It took me a while to discover that.

    Oldie
    Oldie, Nov 6, 2006
  8. In article <>,
    "Oldie" <> writes:
    > Paul wrote:
    >> ACDeag wrote:
    >> > It happens that speckled hen formulated :

    >> > I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
    >> > I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
    >> > connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.

    >> I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.

    No I meant spa3000. It likely is the case with the spa3102,
    but I don't have any of those.

    > But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.

    Earlier ones did for me. One of mine still has 2.0.13(GWg), and
    that passes BT callerid fine.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Nov 10, 2006