    Has anyone seen this problem with the ATA3000?

    Cheers,

    - Martin.

    Martin, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Martin

    Sean Guest

    Martin wrote:
    > I have a Linksys/Sipura ATA3000, set up so that I can use the existing
    > house phones to make or receive both PSTN calls and VOIP calls.
    >
    > Recently, I've found that when people call me on the PSTN number,
    > calls get dropped after 2 to 6 minutes. I suddenly get an
    > unobtainable tone, while callers get a click followed by nothing.
    >
    > It's always possible that it's a BT problem - but a quick test call to
    > my BT number with the ATA disconnected has kept going for 19 mins so
    > far.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this problem with the ATA3000?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > - Martin.

    What settings do you have for PSTN Disconnect Detection in PSTN tab

    Sean, Jul 25, 2006

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Sean <> wrote:

    > Martin wrote:
    >> I have a Linksys/Sipura ATA3000, set up so that I can use the existing
    >> house phones to make or receive both PSTN calls and VOIP calls.
    >>
    >> Recently, I've found that when people call me on the PSTN number,
    >> calls get dropped after 2 to 6 minutes. I suddenly get an
    >> unobtainable tone, while callers get a click followed by nothing.
    >>
    >> It's always possible that it's a BT problem - but a quick test call to
    >> my BT number with the ATA disconnected has kept going for 19 mins so
    >> far.
    >>
    >> Has anyone seen this problem with the ATA3000?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> - Martin.
    >>

    > What settings do you have for PSTN Disconnect Detection in PSTN tab

    Sean,
    My settings are:

    PSTN Disconnect Detection
    Detect CPC: yes
    Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
    Detect VoIP Long Silence: no
    PSTN Long Silence Duration: 30
    VoIP Long Silence Duration: 30
    PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    Min CPC Duration: 0.09
    Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
    Disconnect Tone: 400@-30;20(*/0/1)

    I'll look these up in the manual!
    Thanks for this and any further pointers.

    Another possibility is that hostile Internet traffic is hitting by ATA
    device. I guess I could set the router to block traffic to/from the ATA's
    IP address except to/from my provider Gradwell... but I'm having trouble
    remembering how this stuff all works anyway, e.g. whether all traffic
    passes through Gradwell or some of it goes direct.

    Cheers

    - Martin.

    Martin, Jul 26, 2006
  4. In article <543B8393-5485-47E0-94B3-A3DC6FC0A145%>,
    Martin <> writes:
    > Sean,
    > My settings are:
    >
    > PSTN Disconnect Detection
    > Detect CPC: yes
    > Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    > Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes

    I've got: No

    > Detect VoIP Long Silence: no
    > PSTN Long Silence Duration: 30
    > VoIP Long Silence Duration: 30
    > PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    > Min CPC Duration: 0.09

    This should be 0.085 on BT network,
    but that's not the cause of the problem here.

    > Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
    > Disconnect Tone: 400@-30;20(*/0/1)

    You could try turning this off. I do have in on,
    but I've no evidence it works at all -- if I
    disable "Detect CPC", then the call doesn't drop
    on hearing the disconnect tone.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Jul 30, 2006
  5. Martin

    Martin Guest

    (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

    > In article <543B8393-5485-47E0-94B3-A3DC6FC0A145%>,
    > Martin <> writes:
    >> Sean,
    >> My settings are:
    >>
    >> PSTN Disconnect Detection
    >> Detect CPC: yes
    >> Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    >> Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes

    > I've got: No
    >
    >> Detect VoIP Long Silence: no
    >> PSTN Long Silence Duration: 30
    >> VoIP Long Silence Duration: 30
    >> PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    >> Min CPC Duration: 0.09

    > This should be 0.085 on BT network,
    > but that's not the cause of the problem here.
    >
    >> Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
    >> Disconnect Tone: 400@-30;20(*/0/1)

    > You could try turning this off. I do have in on,
    > but I've no evidence it works at all -- if I
    > disable "Detect CPC", then the call doesn't drop
    > on hearing the disconnect tone.

    Thanks for that - very helpful to know what settings other SPA3000 users have.

    The call drops seem to have been cured after fiddling with these settings. I
    now have:

    PSTN Disconnect Detection
    Detect CPC: no
    Detect Polarity Reversal: no
    Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
    Detect VoIP Long Silence: yes
    PSTN Long Silence Duration: 30
    VoIP Long Silence Duration: 30
    PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
    Min CPC Duration: 0.09
    Detect Disconnect Tone: no
    Disconnect Tone: 400@-30;20(*/0/1)

    This seems to be OK in that it drops outbound calls, both VOIP and PSTN, as
    soon as I hang up (i.e. I've rung my cellphone and seen the call close on the
    cellphone as soon as I hang up at my end). I guess it's possible that inwards
    calls might not clear down very quickly, but this doesn't seem to be causing
    problems (e.g. I can make repeated inward calls from my cellphone in quick
    succession).

    Cheers,

    - Martin.

    Martin, Jul 30, 2006