    I came across this:

    http://www.jajah.com/

    How does this work?!!

    jasee, Aug 30, 2006

  2. jasee

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-08-30, jasee <> wrote:

    > Is there an ATA for Skype? I've looked at Vosky's exchange which seems to be
    > the nearest thing, but it actually doesn't route directly, just via a pc.
    > Damned expensive as well. Others seemed to be producing similar operating
    > models eg Vocal, Actiontec, Rapidvoip etc.

    All these devices require a copy of Skype to be running on a computer,
    so you are out of luck at the moment if you want such a device to handle
    a Skype call all by itself. The Rapidvoip type item can be found in the
    UK for about 20 GBP, which is not so expensive.

    > It's for calling the US, where a relation has Skype. Whilst looking,
    > I came across this:
    >
    > http://www.jajah.com/
    >
    > How does this work?!!

    As descibed on the website. Why not experiment? They offer a free trial.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 30, 2006

  3. jasee

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:00:23 +0100, "jasee" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there an ATA for Skype? I've looked at Vosky's exchange which seems to be
    >the nearest thing, but it actually doesn't route directly, just via a pc.
    >Damned expensive as well. Others seemed to be producing similar operating
    >models eg Vocal, Actiontec, Rapidvoip etc.
    >It's for calling the US, where a relation has Skype. Whilst looking,
    >I came across this:

    Unless you are wedded to Skype there is the FAR, FAR better option of
    proper (SIP) voip using an ATA where you don't need to have your
    computer switched on. If you want to know about this just ask.
    >http://www.jajah.com/

    You enter your number and the recipients number. Your phone rings and
    you lift the receiver on your phone, then and recipients number
    starts to ring - they answer and you are connected.
    This is OK if you want to switch on your computer everytime you want
    to make a call.

    >How does this work?!!

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 30, 2006
  4. jasee

    jasee Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:00:23 +0100, "jasee" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is there an ATA for Skype? I've looked at Vosky's exchange which
    >> seems to be the nearest thing, but it actually doesn't route
    >> directly, just via a pc. Damned expensive as well. Others seemed to
    >> be producing similar operating models eg Vocal, Actiontec, Rapidvoip
    >> etc.
    >> It's for calling the US, where a relation has Skype. Whilst looking,
    >> I came across this:
    >>

    > Unless you are wedded to Skype there is the FAR, FAR better option of
    > proper (SIP) voip using an ATA where you don't need to have your
    > computer switched on. If you want to know about this just ask.

    thanks, yes I know there are much better options, but the relation has skpe
    and is completely non technical anyway.

    >> http://www.jajah.com/

    > You enter your number and the recipients number. Your phone rings and
    > you lift the receiver on your phone, then and recipients number
    > starts to ring - they answer and you are connected.
    > This is OK if you want to switch on your computer everytime you want
    > to make a call.

    no i don't,
    which is why I wondered if there were any proper ata's out there for skype.
    The skype boxes use the pc.
    I'm surprised now the code has apparently been cracked that no one has
    produced an add on for the Asterisk box!

    jasee, Aug 30, 2006