    Any suggestions, please?

    Many thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Davies, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Chris Davies

    Jono Guest

    Chris Davies submitted this idea :
    > I'm interested in an ATA with two internal extension ports and one
    > (analogue) PSTN connection. I'd like one of the internal ports always to
    > default to the PSTN line, but allow routing via at least one SIP provider
    > given some particular key sequence prefix (e.g. #001*, or whatever). The
    > other should default to one of the SIP providers, but allow routing via
    > either PSTN or any of the other SIP provders given some particular key
    > sequence prefix.
    >
    > Pricing would ideally be towards the lower end of the market but
    > definitely sub-£100.
    >
    > Any suggestions, please?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Chris

    Perhaps
    <http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_ata/index.html> ?

    Jono, Aug 31, 2006

  3. Chris Davies

    paul123 Guest

    Chris Davies wrote:
    > I'm interested in an ATA with two internal extension ports and one
    > (analogue) PSTN connection. I'd like one of the internal ports always to
    > default to the PSTN line, but allow routing via at least one SIP provider
    > given some particular key sequence prefix (e.g. #001*, or whatever). The
    > other should default to one of the SIP providers, but allow routing via
    > either PSTN or any of the other SIP provders given some particular key
    > sequence prefix.
    >
    > Pricing would ideally be towards the lower end of the market but
    > definitely sub-£100.
    >
    > Any suggestions, please?

    You get what you pay for (more or less).

    Around the 100 squid mark is the Fritz!box (with vat and delivery)
    which, configured correctly, will do all you want.

    At about half that price, with some limitations, the grandstream 386
    ATA doesn't do exactly what you want, but can work around it-ish. It
    doesn't default to PSTN on either port, though, with a dialled prefix,
    your PSTN can be used. Each port would need its own SIP
    provider/account as there is no dial plan to choose SIP provider when
    dialling - whereas on the fritzbox, I believe, you can dial out from
    port 1 using account 1 or 2 etc.

    paul123, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Chris Davies

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote
    in message
    > Chris Davies submitted this idea :
    > > I'm interested in an ATA with two internal extension
    > > ports and one (analogue) PSTN connection. I'd like one
    > > of the internal ports always to default to the PSTN
    > > line, but allow routing via at least one SIP provider
    > > given some particular key sequence prefix (e.g. #001*,
    > > or whatever). The other should default to one of the
    > > SIP providers, but allow routing via either PSTN or any
    > > of the other SIP provders given some particular key
    > > sequence prefix. Pricing would ideally be towards the lower end of
    > > the
    > > market but definitely sub-£100.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions, please?
    > >
    > > Many thanks,
    > > Chris

    > Perhaps
    > <http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_ata/index.html>
    > ?

    That will certainly do it, but not sure of the price, is it under £100..?
    I personally prefer the version with the built in ADSL modem and router,
    that way you get QoS and it's one less power supply plug..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2006
  5. Chris Davies

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > You get what you pay for (more or less).
    >
    > Around the 100 squid mark is the Fritz!box (with vat and
    > delivery) which, configured correctly, will do all you
    > want.
    >
    > At about half that price, with some limitations, the
    > grandstream 386 ATA doesn't do exactly what you want, but
    > can work around it-ish. It doesn't default to PSTN on
    > either port, though, with a dialled prefix, your PSTN can
    > be used. Each port would need its own SIP
    > provider/account as there is no dial plan to choose SIP
    > provider when dialling - whereas on the fritzbox, I
    > believe, you can dial out from port 1 using account 1 or
    > 2 etc.

    You can dial out on any of the 10 available accounts from either phone
    port. It's a bit fiddly though as the prefix codes required are rather
    long, but it's certainly usable.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2006
  6. Chris Davies